• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, Jeff:) But I mean...who doesn't love them;);) ? ask anyone on the street;) 

When I went full blown into GA collecting, Nationals with US covers and USQ was one of the first I wanted to put together.  One reason is because National #7 with its Lou Fine cover pushed me to GA.  There are so many covers in that run that could be considered classic.  I finished both the Nationals and USQ some time ago.  Not sure if you remember but you sold me one of my National #8s, another great cover.  Now if I had some love for the Barker, maybe I would finish all of the Nationals.

59 minutes ago, telerites said:

When I went full blown into GA collecting, Nationals with US covers and USQ was one of the first I wanted to put together.  One reason is because National #7 with its Lou Fine cover pushed me to GA.  There are so many covers in that run that could be considered classic.  I finished both the Nationals and USQ some time ago.  Not sure if you remember but you sold me one of my National #8s, another great cover.  Now if I had some love for the Barker, maybe I would finish all of the Nationals.

I do remember, Jeff, but since it was from the Evelyn collection, I think it was pretty low grade. 

6 hours ago, rjpb said:

How the heck is that only a 2.5?

I find myself wondering these things all the time, Most of the time, it's how the heck is a book with a large chunk missing a 6.0;) ? In this case, I had graded it as a 1.8, the spine is 1/2 split and the centerfold is detached. I'm surprised the centerfold was not noted.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

Last for now, 8 on the census, 7 are universal.

5ac578135619f_nationalcomics12acgc001.thumb.jpg.025ff83f1596ac90e5c47ea8fe3c42af.jpg

I've always been intrigued by this cover; it's so darn weird, with the peculiar looking tanks coming out of the guy's innards.  I wonder if, given the pre-Pearl Harbor pub date, they meant the guy to suggest Hitler, but gave him a different style of mustache to hedge their bets. 

4 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause:Yours is a collection i would LOVE to see on My Slabbed Comics too, there is no end to the surprises of what you have. But i guess this way, it's always a surprise!:D

Impeccable tastes!

Thanks, but my wife would disagree.  She often finds my taste to be very peccable. :)

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I've always been intrigued by this cover; it's so darn weird, with the peculiar looking tanks coming out of the guy's innards.  I wonder if, given the pre-Pearl Harbor pub date, they meant the guy to suggest Hitler, but gave him a different style of mustache to hedge their bets. 

I always thought he was supposed to be Hitler;)