• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Comic Expo 2017
3 3

178 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, kimik said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Leather chaps on leather skirt....,  I don't know if that's kinky or uncomfortable..., especially rolling around on hot coffee pots and what not...,

hm

Happens all the time during Stampede week! lol

I was actually at the Calgary Stampede in 1972, however at age 11, I was probably looking more for the carnival games than the carnal games.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:09 AM, thirdgreenham said:
On 5/3/2017 at 0:15 AM, aardvark88 said:

Bit strange that Dave and Adams's Mike Carbonaro asked me for my business card 3 times regarding having a shot at some of the consigned SA keys to be slabbed by Cgc:

ZZ5IWVn.jpg

Hey, that's my Richie Rich #1! 

Damn, and a 6.5 to boot (worship)

In summary, I expect this to be my last long drive comicon. Huge thanks to Todd McFarlane, Stan Lee, the Citadel 4, thirdgreenham, Fantastic Thor, John, greggy :luhv: and Joeypost, etc. for making it such FUN. However, my sidekick Nick D will be selling at Red and White show Sept, 2017, and Calgary expo in April, 2018 sharing a booth with another Vancouver SA collector.

E4KiA0i.jpg

24 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

In summary, I expect this to be my last long drive comicon. Huge thanks to Todd McFarlane, Stan Lee, the Citadel 4, thirdgreenham, Fantastic Thor, John, greggy :luhv: and Joeypost, etc. for making it such FUN. However, my sidekick Nick D will be selling at Red and White show Sept, 2017, and Calgary expo in April, 2018 sharing a booth with another Vancouver SA collector.

E4KiA0i.jpg

^^ very nice looking key books!

23 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

E4KiA0i.jpg

Nice Haul! That Bugs Bunny looks so out of place there but I love it, what a cover!

On 5/4/2017 at 5:57 AM, lizards2 said:

Leather chaps on leather skirt....,  I don't know if that's kinky or uncomfortable..., especially rolling around on hot coffee pots and what not...,

hm

Forgive my ignorance but I thought all chaps were assless?

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice Haul! That Bugs Bunny looks so out of place there but I love it, what a cover!

I do not think those books were acquired at the Calgary Expo.

7 hours ago, Bronty said:

are those magik's books Allan?   The combo of cartoon books and hg marvel speaks to me of silver belt buckles!

Bugs Bunny is Magik's comic. Magik retired from comics, and now I have retired :preach: from these long drive comicons, as I don't have Dan Bronty's stamina :angel: to line up 5 to 7 hours to get Todd's signature on his photo cover Amazing Heroes zine.

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Bugs Bunny is Magik's comic. Magik retired from comics, and now I have retired :preach: from these long drive comicons, as I don't have Dan Bronty's stamina :angel: to line up 5 to 7 hours to get Todd's signature on his photo cover Amazing Heroes zine.

Heck *I* don't have the stamina for that :insane:

Don't blame you!   Living where we do there are just aren't any close drives to other major cities (except Seattle, but the proximity is offset by the border hassles!)

10 hours ago, Bronty said:

Whose marvels are they btw?    Nice glossy spine on that x-men (thumbsu

The SA Marvels were part of the consignment but I left a few keys at home, as I was too paranoid about them getting jostled in the van to/from Calgary expo. What was strange was that a hi-roller sat and waited in our expo booth Friday at 8:15 a.m. :blush: but I did not arrive for dealer re-set up until 10 a.m., as hi-roller wanted to negotiate a price for the stack of SA keys and assorted GA.

Heard a rumor that for April, 2018, Calgary expo is phasing out the economy booth (8' wide by 5' deep), and trying to get all vendors to prepay for full size 10' x 10' booth(s) in the main halls and the detached Big 4 Building. :gossip:

25 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Heard a rumor that for April, 2018, Calgary expo is phasing out the economy booth (8' wide by 5' deep), and trying to get all vendors to prepay for full size 10' x 10' booth(s) in the main halls and the detached Big 4 Building. :gossip:

Not a rumor:

The Calgary Stampede is in the process of doing a few renovations (Upper Big Four building) and as a result we have less booth spaces available for 2018.  As a result we will be retiring the ECONOMY spots.  If you were in an economy spot in 2017 and are renewing into a different booth configuration, we will place you in the best available locations possible once returning vendors not moving have been placed.  Former Economy booth vendors should consider sharing a booth if the cost is too prohibitive to move to a regular booth.   Please be sure to let us know who you are sharing with as we must approve all vendors at the show.

There will be a link (button to click) available June 15th on our 
calgaryexpo.com website under Exhibitor/Exhibitor Registration that will take you to the 2018 Exhibitor application.  Please note: We require that you either list a website that shows your product(s) OR upload photos of your work. If you do not have a website there is an option to upload images to the application that will show what you will be vending at the Calgary Expo.  Please be very specific on what you will be selling or exhibiting (pick all that apply).  There is a NOTES area in the application; please provide us with any information you would like us to know. (i.e.  booth placement or questions you may have.)

Due to the changes at the Stampede Grounds it may be some time before we have a working floor plan so please be patient.  Once we have placed you you will be sent an email and a single purchase link to pay for the booth configuration of your choice.

If you have questions and concerns you can contact me at any time.

Mary-Ann Whalen

Exhibitor Manager - CalgaryEdmonton and Expo Holiday Market

31 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Heard the same thing.  Booth rates keep going up also.

12 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Booth rates keep going up also.

Still better than Vancouver Fan expo where the booth rates went up each year and the booth size SHRANK :kidaround: from year one's original 10' x 10' to year 2's 10' x 8' to year 3's tight 8' x 8' since the price /square foot in Vancouver real estate is a bit higher than in Calgary or Edmonton. e.g. a 900 sq foot detached carriage house facing the unpaved back alley lane in high crime district East Vancouver is 'valued' at $1.3 Million ! :$

29 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Still better than Vancouver Fan expo where the booth rates went up each year and the booth size SHRANK :kidaround: from year one's original 10' x 10' to year 2's 10' x 8' to year 3's tight 8' x 8' since the price /square foot in Vancouver real estate is a bit higher than in Calgary or Edmonton. e.g. a 900 sq foot detached carriage house facing the unpaved back alley lane in high crime district East Vancouver is 'valued' at $1.3 Million ! :$

I think rates have gone up every year at the Calgary Expo.

Yes, Vancouver real estate is crazy expensive.  You should move to Edmonton and commute to Van.