• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else got Spam?

28 posts in this topic

Anyone else got Spam?

Anyone else getting these types of PM's?

please contact me here i have something important to tell you pls,mrsmonicajohnson40@gmail.com
please if you can mail me it will be very good please so that you can hear me out

N e r V
 Reply to this conversation...

CGC spam?  First time I've seen it. 

Not on the boards yet, although I have gotten some weird messages through the registry to my email before.  :insane:

13 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Anyone else got Spam?

Anyone else getting these types of PM's?

please contact me here i have something important to tell you pls,mrsmonicajohnson40@gmail.com
please if you can mail me it will be very good please so that you can hear me out

N e r V
 Reply to this conversation...

CGC spam?  First time I've seen it. 

Yes, I got that as well. This after reading that there is a gmail  phishing scam making

the rounds. Was going to PM Arch to see if he knew this was going on.

Are you sure that isn't from your long lost relative from the royal family in an obscure third world country wanting to share the family jewels with you as is their tradition?  Just saying, could be...

Or could just be

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, (Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam!) Spam, Spam

Yes the other night from someone who had just joined  but didn't open it up.Be careful very careful spam and scams are abound  (:

Mine was from the same person !

Edited by comicjack

9 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I got a spam account following me that signed up a few days ago

Don't open or respond fishing from over seas 

4 hours ago, telerites said:

Are you sure that isn't from your long lost relative from the royal family in an obscure third world country wanting to share the family jewels with you as is their tradition?  Just saying, could be...

Or could just be

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, (Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam!) Spam, Spam

I don't like spam! Can I have the spam eggs bacon spam spam & spam with no spam please?

Just got PM spam:

Hello!!

I've seen a lot of your content and I think it's great!

I'm from Central Wisconsin where there is the world's largest trivia contest every year.

There are many questions about comic books and comic book characters and it is truly a blast to play on.

In the contest there are over 350 teams and we always finish top 5 or top 10.

If you have any interest or questions, it would be greatly appreciated!

It's honestly a blast and my favorite weekend of the year. (Some of us take notes and do things all year to prepare but that's not necessary)

If so, everything would be done remotely, unless you happened to want to come to Wisconsin!

Here's a neat video they just did about it 

54 minutes ago, kav said:

Just got PM spam:

Hello!!

I've seen a lot of your content and I think it's great!

I'm from Central Wisconsin where there is the world's largest trivia contest every year.

There are many questions about comic books and comic book characters and it is truly a blast to play on.

In the contest there are over 350 teams and we always finish top 5 or top 10.

If you have any interest or questions, it would be greatly appreciated!

It's honestly a blast and my favorite weekend of the year. (Some of us take notes and do things all year to prepare but that's not necessary)

If so, everything would be done remotely, unless you happened to want to come to Wisconsin!

Here's a neat video they just did about it 

I got the same one.

Like we dont know how it goes.  YOU CAN ENTER THE CONTEST AND WIN THE GRAND PRIZE OF $1000!  YOUR CHANCES ARE EXCELLENT!  A SURE THING ACTUALLY!  YOU JUST NEED A SUBMISSION FEE OF $100 BUT YOU'RE SURE TO WIN!!!!!!  Here's some sample questions:  who is Batman's secret identity?.....

Edited by kav

12 hours ago, kav said:

Like we dont know how it goes.  YOU CAN ENTER THE CONTEST AND WIN THE GRAND PRIZE OF $1000!  YOUR CHANCES ARE EXCELLENT!  A SURE THING ACTUALLY!  YOU JUST NEED A SUBMISSION FEE OF $100 BUT YOU'RE SURE TO WIN!!!!!!  Here's some sample questions:  who is Batman's secret identity?.....

Who is Clark Kent? (shrug)