• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feedback On eBay Store Logo

73 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

I'd go with 2, maybe change the colors, don't mind the exclamation mark. If it's just an ebay thing I wouldn't spend too much time on it, shouldn't make a difference sales-wise.

I agree. The question becomes is it possible in the future the business comes live instead of just an ebay store? If so maintaining the identity is important so I would design the logo with that in mind.

5 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

feel free to add any ideas/suggestions.  

I always liked how Comics Interview took individual letters from existing logos.

Comics_interview_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Dude. That totally rocks. Looks like 80s Mitch O'Connell's work a bit

wow thats a great compliment!

If he swapped yellow for red and red for blue and straightened out the C and pushed the eternity slightly to the right it could work.

Edited by kav

Something I whipped together. Make the colors whatever you want.

Be warned your designer can't use this exactly as I have ripped off the infinity part from the internet, this is meant to give an idea that includes the Infinity logo.

Eternity Comics Logo.JPG

Edited by Artboy99

If we assume a logotype based on existing typefaces (as opposed to one specifically drawn), in my opinion the second one is not bad, it just needs some adjustments.
I am not sure I agree with Kav on the abuse of red and yellow as logos (you mean for comics-related activities or in general)?
Magazines and most periodicals during WW2 just used red and black for the cover colors, and they managed to obtain striking and original compositions.

I also think the second one is also somewhat original, for a simple eBay selling activity.
Pirate said “they look like everything else out there" which could mean everything and nothing at the same time.
When Pepsi Cola and more recently AEG had their logotypes redrawn, they accepted solutions that are without impact, unoriginal, philologically despising and somewhat inconsistent, so you’re in good company. Not to mention what happens here in Italy with important brands… :sick:

This reminds me a lot of time ago I promised to design a logo for Chip Cataldo, but I kept postponing and then he had his personal problems… Anyone knows how he is doing?

9 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Americana and Copperplate respectively, if I am not mistaken.
Copperplate (the lead version) was originally by Frederic Goudy but hey, that’s a typeface that has been abused! (and out of context).

Not Americana, but Copperplate is bang on!

On 5/9/2017 at 2:10 PM, 1Cool said:

For an e-bay store I'd think any of the three would be perfectly fine.  I'm sure there is some subliminal stuff at work but who really looks at e-bay logos when buying books?  "That guys logo is bad so I better pass up on this X-Men 1 for $200".

Logos are meant to be eye catchers, and memory and association triggers, not part of product though.  One isn't trying to get a person to buy because they like the logo, one is trying to visually appeal, make a customer stop the mindless scroll through.  Then, every time that person scrolls any further listing, that logo will attract them even more as they've associated it with something that is of interest to them.  If they then buy something and have a pleasant experience, that logo is associated with making them feel good.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:26 PM, Artboy99 said:

Something I whipped together. Make the colors whatever you want.

Be warned your designer can't use this exactly as I have ripped off the infinity part from the internet, this is meant to give an idea that includes the Infinity logo.

Eternity Comics Logo.JPG

Return of Copperplate F Yeah!

The last time I used that was for a vampire novel slip jacket.

:headbang:

Edited by Wally's Comics

17 hours ago, StarryNight said:

I tend to not even notice. I'm more interested in quality, communication and shipping time. I think an ebay profile name has more remembrance.  

I agree that as far as an eBay store goes it’s not central, but since he asked I think number 2 is quite good and can be improved into a nice logo that captures attention. :)