• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I seek help! Galactus arrives at your planet in a ship
1 1

56 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SteppinRazor said:

I would pick the one that fits best in composition, and time you allotted/charged for drawing.

Yeah I agree. I sent my customer this sketch layout to see what he thinks.

SS_Sketch.JPG

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Yeah I agree. I sent my customer this sketch layout to see what he thinks.

SS_Sketch.JPG

Very cool.  If you don't mind a little critique, I agree with kav on making SS bigger (creates more distance between foreground and background, putting him right in our faces).  Also just a suggestion, turn the board a little so we see the underside and put the surfer in a bit of perspective, so he seems like he's about to surf right off the page. 

Great design and composition!

Edited by SteppinRazor

2 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

Very cool.  If you don't mind a little critique, I agree with kav on making SS bigger (creates more distance between foreground and background, putting him right in our faces).  Also just a suggestion, turn the board a little so we see the underside and put the surfer in a bit of perspective, so he seems like he's about to surf right off the page. 

Great design and composition!

I was gonna say that-surfer always looks best when he's comin right atcha with lotsa perspective

Edited by kav

The one with the tubing seems to be one of the more classic interpretations of his ship, but some other designs have been made. These are the two that stick-out to me.

Silver Surfer Requiem-

RCO014_1463649053.thumb.png.cf91d84d1736592ea41823f7061fa01e.png

And the one done by Moebius for Silver Surfer Parable. Though this one might be a little too phallus like.

RCO010_w_1486368609.thumb.jpg.292dd4446808d294fc95823992a9c455.jpgRCO050_w_1486368609.thumb.jpg.8a762d9b36cf58c04aad5f2d05cf9f4a.jpg

So can Galactus mass shift and change his size, or have the various artists over the years just not been able to agree on how tall he is? Kirby's Big G isn't even all that big.

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

So can Galactus mass shift and change his size, or have the various artists over the years just not been able to agree on how tall he is? Kirby's Big G isn't even all that big.

I believe he can change his appearance as he sees fit.

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Somewhat true.  I can't remember exactly what issue this was first revealed, but the article in Wikipedia puts it best:

"His true form cannot be perceived by most beings; each species sees Galactus in a form they can comprehend, similar to their race or a deity of their religion"

The reference in Wikipedia states FF #521, but I swear I knew about that little fact growing up watching the Fantastic Four cartoon in the Marvel Action Hour.

3 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

10 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Somewhat true.  I can't remember exactly what issue this was first revealed, but the article in Wikipedia puts it best:

"His true form cannot be perceived by most beings; each species sees Galactus in a form they can comprehend, similar to their race or a deity of their religion"

The reference in Wikipedia states FF #521, but I swear I knew about that little fact growing up watching the Fantastic Four cartoon in the Marvel Action Hour.

I seem to remember this being stated in John Byrne's run on FF.  I think it was the Trial of Galactus storyline.

12 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Found the page online.  Beats digging out  a long box.  :smile:

377743-190169-trial-of-galactus.jpg

From what book is that page from? It is very cool.

***edit nevermind, I figured it out.

Edited by Artboy99

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

From what book is that page from? It is very cool.

I think it's FF 262, not positive since I pulled the image from online rather than my longbox (those suckers are heavy).
If it's not that exact book, it's one very close to there in Byrnes FF run.

12 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

I think it's FF 262, not positive since I pulled the image from online rather than my longbox (those suckers are heavy).
If it's not that exact book, it's one very close to there in Byrnes FF run.

Yes it is. From the Trial of Reed Richards.

I use drawer boxes, it is easy to get to that FF box that is on the bottom of my pile and look. ( although I found the information online easily enough :) )

Edited by Artboy99

1 hour ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Great detective work, guys!

Artboy99, any update on the commission?

He liked what I sent, so it will be something like it. Thanks for asking.

3 hours ago, kav said:

pics?

I am not starting this page yet, it could be awhile before I do work on it as I have until September to complete it. In the meantime I am doing some other work for the same customer.

I will post once I have finished it.