• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden State Comicon in Oakland, May 21-22

16 posts in this topic

Well the big Oakland show is next weekend. Who's going? Lot's of guests and a sold out dealers room! I hope lots of you are there.

headbang.gif

I'll be there and so will Jimm94 and JBud_73. I think sckao (Shin Kao) will also be there. headbang.gif

I'll be there with Fantastic Comics.

Not sure how much buying I will be doing - since I totally broke my self imposed no comics embargo until this Con and I will be at WW Chicago so nowhere I plan on spending nowhere near what I blew at WonderCon.

Still, put me in a room full of comics and insane.gif

Vacation away from cell phones, computers, the internet, even these boards! sumo.gif (But I'll still probably check in shy.gif, if for no other reason than to submit a 30 second grade in Nikos' contest). smile.gif Actually, I'm off to Paris. yay.gif

Is Jeff, David or Pov attending???

I will be there Sunday. Am replacing my manager at work this week and weekend can be telling. But Sunday should be smoother than Saturday.

Man I had no IDEA this was going on. Where the heck have I been?

Thanks to Marc at Houseofcomics.com for cluing me in on this. Gosh - I may have to buy some books from him in thanks! grin.gif

As Scott mentioned above, I'll be there! I have no idea what I'll buy, or how much I'll budget to spend (SD Comic-Con is coming and I'm still hoping to go), but I'm looking forward to hanging out with my comic buddies.

It's been a while since I've spent more than a couple of minutes on these boards actually but...

I've got two tables at this convention although, of course, I haven't actually done anything since WonderCon.

If anyone would like to consign some books, etc. Please let me know. I've got two wombats (A-Frame racks) and we're pretty good about holding/storing your books for you, etc.

Unfortunately, the rest of the week looks pretty bad in terms of time for setting up. My company's putting on a comedy club event in SF tomorrow night and I have to drive our 40' RV there and back since our main driver is out of town. We've also got various workshops happening right now and other omnipresent deadlines.

Thanks, Jim, for the email reminder... tongue.gif

-Shin