• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know Matthew Glaspie
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Anybody know Matthew Glaspie

Have done business with this person before but am not having a warm fuzzy feeling on our latest transaction.

Mailed him a check for $975 for a AS #101 CGC 9.2 Offwhite pages, AUG 24 1971 stamped on front cover/Silver Surfer #4 CGC 9.0 offwhite pages on 5/3/17 to

Matthew Glaspie
166 Hiawassee ave apt 108
Knoxville TN 37917

Check has been cashed.  

Had the following email correspondence with him up until 5/11/17.  Last email was this.  Am home from Detroit and have no books and no tracking number. 

Any help with this would be appreciated.  

They be out this weekend sir.  Work thru tomorrow and don't trust the wife to pack them
Ty

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2017, at 11:53 AM, rcsblazing@aol.com wrote:

What is the status of the two books I paid for?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
To: rcsblazing <rcsblazing@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, May 3, 2017 9:02 pm
Subject: Re: books

oh yea how do you want them shipped after the check comes?

-----Original Message-----
To: sslim66 <sslim66@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, May 3, 2017 8:51 pm
Subject: Re: books

I can send a business check.

Please confirm address to mail the check to

Please ship the books to

Robert C Storms
17 Bethany Drive
Commack, NY  11725

bob

I would say not to post his personal info publicly, though I do hope it works out for you.  Name and city is probably enough for someone to recognize him, if they happen to know him.

If you search 'sslim' on the search function and bring up some history, I'll link to a post with some discussion from the PL thread.  I think there was some other incident at some point but can't remember.  His only redeeming quality appears to be that he doesn't sign his posts. :jokealert:

edit - now I recall the other thing, i just looked & he's on the PL :shy:

Edited by bababooey

To those who are concerned about his personal information being posted.  Sorry,  but clearly if you don't respond then all bets are off.  I was nice enough to not post his phone number.   If he chooses to respond I will gladly have this thread deleted.

I had done 2 previous transactions with him.  My mistake was sending him a business check.  Should have used paypal or cc.

51 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

To those who are concerned about his personal information being posted.  Sorry,  but clearly if you don't respond then all bets are off.  I was nice enough to not post his phone number.   If he chooses to respond I will gladly have this thread deleted.

I had done 2 previous transactions with him.  My mistake was sending him a business check.  Should have used paypal or cc.

Looks like you're dealing with a serial creep.  HOS now?

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

If you contact the post office they will send you forms to file a mail fraud case

2 hours ago, wombat said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but it seems very risky to send a check of that size to someone you don't know. Is this common practice?

Well,   there has to be a level of trust for "Boardies",  no?  They expect me to send a check or pay right away when I buy something.  I don't tell them to send me the book and when I get it pay them.  There are some sellers who I've done business with that will send me the book as I'm mailing the check and I greatly appreciate that.  But I never expect that.

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Well,   there has to be a level of trust for "Boardies",  no?  They expect me to send a check or pay right away when I buy something.  I don't tell them to send me the book and when I get it pay them.  There are some sellers who I've done business with that will send me the book as I'm mailing the check and I greatly appreciate that.  But I never expect that.

I think there is, especially for long standing members (not that I'm one, but if I'm to sell, that at least let's me know they'd be burning a bridge they crossed many a time).  It's a shame you can only truly know you're own integrity, but it helps knowing that say, someone who joined in 2002 would be walking away from a virtual community they have been a part of for 15 years would be loath to walk away for a bit of money.

The fact that it is a business check means the guy can't cash it at the bank it's drawn from. He will have to deposit and wait til it clears. I'm sure he trusts you Bob, but perhaps he's trying to assure he's safe to ship. On that note why not stop payment?

Check already had cleared and it was a week since I was promised the books would ship out.

I've given him plenty of time to ship or respond to my emails before I started this thread.

Email him again and threaten him with filing a mail fraud case. Something like that could get anyone to respond. No one wants to go to prison. I remember years ago on eBay making offline deals, "silveragefan" would go into hiding after you paid him for books, wasn't until you threatened him is when he'd finally responded. Hope it works out for you.