• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy - Complete!

397 posts in this topic

Superboy 22. I think of the group, this one shows up a little more often. I got this copy from Robert Roter who also had a 9.0 which was priced to high for me, this copy was good enough at a substantially lower price.

IMG_0259.JPG

Last one for now, but a great one. My friend Steelcity and I both have an affinity for this issue, he actually has a slightly nicer copy. I upgraded from a good to this. Mr. Bedrock offered these to me a long time ago. There was another book I bought at the same time. If I remember right they were original owner copies. This and the adventure both have some of the nicest pages I have ever seen. Love the covers on both of them, probably the Adventure a little more.

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

14 hours ago, Silver said:

The Superboy 21-26 are some of the very toughest issues to find in the run, especially over a g/vg grade. I have upgraded a couple of these from low grade issues used as fillers and would upgrade further if I ever see any of these., but that don't pop up that often.

Superboy 21. Lana as a blonde? DC is still playing around with her looks a little. Sorry for the pun but this is a "super" tough book to find. I really like this cover, it just pops with those greens, would love tomseemanhigh grade copy.

IMG_0258.JPG

Interesting that issues 21-26 would be the tougher ones to find above g/vg  any ideas Silver why that would be so ?

11 hours ago, Silver said:

Lol, at least I know someone is still looking at this thread!

Here's another lurker sounding off...keep going, I love this thread.

I especially enjoy the little behind the scenes stories you remember about their acquisition!

Okie dokie, 27:

According to Overstreet 27 is scarcer.  Experience tells me it's really no more harder to find than any other issue in the same timeframe.  I kind of lost track of where I've gotten some of these issues as I have had them a long time. 

IMG_0271.JPG

Superboy 30. This is an issue I would love to get a nicer copy of. Adam strange has the nicest one I have seen, but he's not prone to selling comics very often (I don't blame him!)

This is a cover swipe from an old pulp magazine, Thrilling Wonder Stories from 1940. It also gets re-used again in Jimmy Olsen. Funny thing about the story, the turtle man is a baby...the cover image is an adult man. 

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

16 hours ago, Silver said:

Lol, at least I know someone is still looking at this thread!

I love it and I'm not even a Superboy collector. One of the things I did when I first joined these boards was pour over the threads that had pictures of comics. I just love looking at comics :smile:

10 hours ago, Silver said:

Okie dokie, 27:

According to Overstreet 27 is scarcer.  Experience tells me it's really no more harder to find than any other issue in the same timeframe.  I kind of lost track of where I've gotten some of these issues as I have had them a long time. 

IMG_0271.JPG

I just put a bid on one of these so i can say that i have a nice "Superboy" in my collection (i currently have no Golden age copies)

Superboy 31:

I pretty much got most of the 30's quite awhile ago. As a group they are mostly mid grade copies. They are probably not quite as difficult to find as those 20's but you still see these seldom Love you! In nice shape. I would probably upgrade any of these if nicer affordable copies came around. I particularly like 32 and 35. 

IMG_0276.JPG