• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy - Complete!

397 posts in this topic

While his first appearance was way back in number 8, Superbaby didn't dhow up regularly until about this time period. Not my favorite stories overall. If I want to read about babies I pick up a copy of Sugar and Spike. I have a few of those. lol

IMG_0320.JPG

13 hours ago, Silver said:

He3 is another one of those books from Ted. A really nice copy of an incredibly cool cover. Look,at the colors on this book! Anytime you find a D.C. From this time period that looks this good, snatch it up, there are not many out there:

IMG_0316.JPG

Hmmm...My copy of #67 also has what appears to be a see-through cover, although my scan makes it look less pronounced than it is in hand.

SB67.thumb.jpg.f2b50b798a3de4b083f1060f7cea2cf7.jpg

13 hours ago, Silver said:

Well, there is not much to really say about 68 that anyone doesn't know. This is the big one. My optinion this book is as important as Action 242.

I agree 100%, as both introduced iconic villains.  I think a case could be made that Bizarro is more iconic than Brainiac, or at least more well known to the uninitiated general populace.  Both came out within 3 months of each other, but boy-oh-boy are the guide prices worlds apart on these.

Maybe it's because this isn't the real "Bizarro #1" Bizarro, or that he's more of a comic figure and not as "serious" as Brainiac?  I wasn't around back then to know first hand, but I'm guessing he was popular enough as the Tales of the Bizarro World backups ran in Adventure Comics for a dozen-odd issues or so in the early 60's.

Edited by tomo
grammar

Superboy 75. Another spanking cover. Pa Kent couldn't come up with another more effective type of punishment? What happened to the kryptonite cage? And what about the whole "taking you out behind the woodshed" Midwest approach? Or "go get my belt boy"... nope, bend over son, you're going get a whooping 

IMG_0325.JPG

Well, we have a dog and a cat, what's the next animal we can make super? I guess it's a monkey. Technically though, since this is a Superbaby story he came before Krypto. Wonder what's next, a horse?

IMG_0326.JPG

Edited by Silver

I need a new copy of this issue, I think the blacks on it would pop on a higher grade copy. Story wise they liked this whole Superboy needs a friend thing. They visited this theme many times finally culminating in Pete Ross. Well get to him later.

IMG_0327.JPG

9 hours ago, Silver said:

I need a new copy of this issue, I think the blacks on it would pop on a higher grade copy. Story wise they liked this whole Superboy needs a friend thing. They visited this theme many times finally culminating in Pete Ross. Well get to him later.

IMG_0327.JPG

Not sure if i have ever seen a superhero tennis cover before !!!