• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation question Thor 136 page

16 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out the value of a page and wanted to ask you for your thoughts.

The page is from Thor 136 (page 14) and is penciled by Kirby and inked by Colletta. I think I know what the current market rate for a page like this would be as there is plenty of data. But I'm trying to understand if  the "first appearance" of Dr. Kincaid in this issue and on this page would have any (positive :grin:) influence on the price. Would the page deserve a premium for Dr. Kincaid's introduction? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

593190795586d_ThorKirby.thumb.jpg.6e917b7d5acc2f6c611ae5d113bf91c5.jpg

Edited by oldwhy

Nice page!

I don't think the first appearance of Dr. Kincaid will affect the price very much.  Wouldn't hurt to casually mention it as a selling point, though.  I just wouldn't over-hype it. 

edit: the Kirby sig is a plus, too.

Edited by Unca Ben

Who?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say not much unless you can get the world's top two Dr Kincaid fans in a bidding frenzy. Even then, I don't see that eclipsing it being a Kirby Thor page. 

I admit it's been a looooooooooooong time since I've read these Thors, but I still consider myself a fan and have absolutely no recollection of who Dr. Kincaid is.  Cool page as a vintage Kirby, but that Dr. Kincaid factor....probably not gonna move the needle.

Scott

15 hours ago, J.Sid said:

Love the last panel.
Kincaid makes no difference to me (I needed to be reminded of who he is.)

13 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Who is Dr Kincaid?

Dr Kincaid was the replacement Don Blake that Odin "provided" Jan Foster when he returned Jane to earth after she failed the "godhood" test.

I really like Thor #136; for me it was the conclusion to the first Thor chapter - no more of the "Asgardian God in love with a mortal" conflict that dominated Thor's personal life up until then.
It also seemed to get the ball rolling on the eventual explanation for the difficulty in clarifying the contradicting Thor/Don Blake origin in JIM 83 and the boyhood Thor stories in Tales of Asgard

4 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Dr Kincaid was the replacement Don Blake that Odin "provided" Jan Foster when he returned Jane to earth after she failed the "godhood" test.

I really like Thor #136; for me it was the conclusion to the first Thor chapter - no more of the "Asgardian God in love with a mortal" conflict that dominated Thor's personal life up until then.
It also seemed to get the ball rolling on the eventual explanation for the difficulty in clarifying the contradicting Thor/Don Blake origin in JIM 83 and the boyhood Thor stories in Tales of Asgard

I agree; the secret identity era never rang true. After this, Thor got cosmic and Marvelous!

Cool Thor page! And I say that in all seriousness, no snark is intended.

Is Dr. Kincaid appearing in Thor: Ragnarok (or any other MCU flick/tv show)?  (please use a spoiler banner.  I like to be surprised about these crucial plot details.) :makepoint:

Interesting to note, Dr. Kincaid's religious affiliation is: Possessed by Demon! http://www.comicbookreligion.com/?c=23663&Dr_Keith_Kincaid

I don't what is more surprising:  That there's a website listing the religion of 36,389 comic characters or that it includes Dr. Kincaid.

Edited by The Shoveler
clarification