• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rest In Peace Adam West
3 3

68 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of the show.

I think they got a lot of things right on the show. The Mansion, access and interior to the batcave, some good casting (Newmar and Ward especially), and superb writing (Lorenzo Semple). Naturally, the show was part-comedy, so it was purposely cheesy. Special effects weren't available for comic book tv/movies until just the turn of the century.

I liked a lot of West's work on the show, but to me he wasn't what I pictured Wayne/Batman to be. Robin (Ward) was spot on.

I don't mean to speak ill of the man after his death but he wasn't not the nicest person to his fans from autograph signing stories that I have heard, and his ego was higher than his acting career merited.

Now if Newmar dies I'll really be in mourning. They broke the mold after they made her. I'll never know when we see another woman like her.