• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rest In Peace Adam West
3 3

68 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

:frown:

and the creator of the Hawaiian pizza...less joy in the world today.

True, but we can still eat the pizza while doing the Batbop.  I'd be happy to have left either behind

tumblr_inline_msbn5aMAjF1qz4rgp.gif.f50aab5902026710cf54c9eeccb5b14f.gif

10 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Damn, I still watch the reruns every Saturday night on MeTV.:headbang:

Me too :)

but batman comes on too late CST, love me some Svengoolie though, and never miss WonderWoman

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Look at them sexy legs.:luhv:

It's the yoga I tell you.  I wouldn't be a good sidekick if I couldn't do high kicks. 

Crazy thing. Everyone I  spoke to today was taken back by his passing.  He definitely made a lot of people smile and still does. 

Growing up in 1960s England, the Batman television show was a really big deal for me. The tongue-in-cheek portrayals and campness of Mr.West and co., were lost on me as a child. I really took it serious. Although his Batman incarnation differs hugely from the broody night-time stalker persona that is favoured now of the Batman, Adam West is truly as essential to the Batman mythos as milk is to cereal.

RIP Adam. Truly a legend.

Edited by Grantley Goddard

4 minutes ago, Saleen333 said:

As a kid I used to watch not only Batman but Green Hornet great memory growing up RIP Adam West you will be missed.

A fun moment in the show's history is the Green Hornet x over. 

You get to watch Bruce Lee lose a fight to Burt Ward.

I met him in 1989 and talked to him for a couple minutes when he was appearing somewhere, some store opening and he was there. I sort of made a fool of myself from being nervous and he made a joke that was really funny, I wish i could remember what it was. He was a funny guy, I wish he did more comedy roles. Batman was geat of course, but he did some great funny appearances on some tv shows in the 90s. He should have done more, he was such a talented funny guy. RIP

Very sad.  Like everyone else that posted, such an important figure in my collecting life. 

I'd highly recommend to anyone that loved the show as much as I did to read the (somewhat recent) series "Batman 66".  There are trades available (series is over).  Batman comics  done in the campy style of the old TV show.   So well done.  So much fun, in that goofy, charming spirit of the show.