• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee rocks!
1 1

19 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SECollector said:

Honestly, why is it worth it? Cool book though, I wish I had that :headbang:

Obviously, "worth it" is subjective, but it does personalize the signature series label more to the person who actually signed the book. Its just an "add on" for those that want to purchase it. I have it for some books and glad that they have these type of options. They look cool with some books.

To each his own.  I have no desire to own a Stan Lee signed comic, and if I was staring at two comics, both in the same grade, one with a sig and one without, I would choose the more affordable copy (typically the one without a signature). 

Edited by Mercury Man

5 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

To each his own.  I have no desire to own a Stan Lee signed comic, and if I was starting at two comics, both in the same grade, one with a sig and one without, I would choose the more affordable copy (typically the one without a signature). 

i get you, stan lee sigs are usually so overpriced since people think his signature makes a 5 dollar comic a 200 dollar comic, but it is nice to have a stan sig on a early Dikto book those and early kirby stuff are the only books i would get signed

On 6/10/2017 at 10:59 PM, Aliens said:

Stan Lee rocks!

You bet he does! He might very well be the greatest comic creator of them all.

And I'd be glad to get his signature on one of my hardcover books covering the history of comics on an appropriate page. But I certainly wouldn't want his signature on one of my comics.

2c

IMG_03351_zps3c59de40.jpg

my least valuable one, but the one I'll likely keep the longest (for sentimental reasons).  Though In retrospect I wish he'd signed in the 'burst' in the bottom corner of the cover.

5 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Here's a few of my Stan signed books. I know many hate SS books but he created my favorite character so I'm very happy to have these signed by him.

AF15 1.8.jpg

ASM 1 CGC 6.0.jpg

wow. some nice books right there. so jealous. good job

Edited by Aliens

5 hours ago, revat said:

IMG_03351_zps3c59de40.jpg

my least valuable one, but the one I'll likely keep the longest (for sentimental reasons).  Though In retrospect I wish he'd signed in the 'burst' in the bottom corner of the cover.

yea, it would of looked so cool there in the burst, still it could be worse, like maybe he would of signed on Daredevils face, nice.