• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
11 11

2,218 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2024 at 8:53 AM, brownies8701 said:
John Byrne Batman: Time Thaw Scholastic Readers Series Book Page 30 sold on HA on 7/24/2024 for $480 with BP

now available on CAF for $1,200 (the HA bag is on the pic too!)

Go get it!!!

Discounted to $950!

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=2046101

On 8/8/2024 at 8:53 AM, brownies8701 said:
John Byrne Batman: Time Thaw Scholastic Readers Series Book Page 30 sold on HA on 7/24/2024 for $480 with BP

now available on CAF for $1,200 (the HA bag is on the pic too!)

Go get it!!!

That's why there's no such thing as a perfect crime. There's always missed evidence. HA auction bag smh.

You had one job homie!!!

On 8/8/2024 at 3:03 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Its too soon for the final result, but this McSpidey splash in the upcoming Sept HA auction is an attempted quick flip from its $5.1K sale in the March Clink auction.

Todd McFarlane The Amazing Spider-Man #301 Splash Page 1 Original Art (Marvel, 1988).

I thought I had seen this somewhere recently -- yeah, I'm curious to see the final price on this. Cool image, and it's a McFarlane splash, but no Spidey. Is there a chance this ends at less than $5.1k??

I was the underbidder on this Hellina cover by Randy Queen, immediately went back up for sale (I think within a few days, I had gone back to review it) at offers of over $1000+ of hammer price. hm

ScreenShot2024-08-10at9_10_01AM.thumb.png.38ff5e82f33c29b99ef908b022f9e0e3.png

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 8/11/2024 at 1:04 PM, Mayor of McDonaldland said:

As the high bidder on this cover, I had no idea that HA was now apparently accepting offers for it on my behalf until I saw this post!  

Nicely done, sir and congrats! if you have a CAF, please share - would love to see your collection as we have similar kicka$$ tastes!
That’s interesting that Heritage does that automatically.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 8/12/2024 at 10:05 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Nicely done, sir and congrats! if you have a CAF, please share - would love to see your collection as we have similar kicka$$ tastes!
That’s interesting that Heritage does that automatically.

I do have a CAF gallery - https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=155588

On 8/11/2024 at 6:00 PM, Sean I said:

Yeah that’s not an attempted flip.  If you respond to offers, including declining them it automatically puts that on your winning lots. 

Dang it, I was really kinda of excited to contribute to the thread! CLink ends in a few hours, I may have another chance to get bested!

On 8/13/2024 at 2:45 PM, Noob19 said:

Is this a reverse flip?

Screen Shot 2024-08-13 at 3.42.23 PM.png

This was one of the ones in the ‘HIGH QUALITY CONSIGNMENT - DISCOUNTED TODAY!’ email that got sent out today. The few other pieces I looked at were actually discounted, so maybe this was a mistake? Still funny tho.