• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can this be true? Kelsey Grammer, The Beast?

30 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been covered, if so i'll delete...

http://chud.com/news/3015

Incase the link dies on me.

THE X-MEN HAVE A BEAST

By Dave Davis

Contributing sources: Variety

My head is large!Aside from Patrick Stewart, the X-Men movies have been known to put some reasonably unexpected actors into the main mutant roles. An effete Scotsman as our indigo-skinned German teleporter? The youngster from The Piano as our Southern belle touch-freak? The gracefully aging Famke Janssen as the telepath formerly known as Marvel Girl? And who the hell is Hugh Jackman?

And yet all of the selections turned out rather well, so I have to assume they know what they’re doing when they make the extremely weird decision to put Kelsey Grammer into the blue fur of X-Men 3’s beloved Beast. Yes, the man who finally finished years of therapy on NBC’s Frasier is set to play Dr. Hank McCoy, a brilliant scientist and super-agile furry mutant otherwise known as Beast. And while the voice of the former Cheers barfly seems to fit the loquacious character, I’m having tremendous difficulty picturing the 50-year-old thespian doing too many of the stunts…

In addition to confirming the involvement of British footballer/actor/thug Vinnie Jones as Professor Xavier’s oversized powerhouse half-brother Juggernaut, Variety says the production is hunting down Maggie Grace (Lost’s self-centered blonde babe) to play young mutant Kitty Pryde, who can alter her density and “phase” through objects. They also verify that an actor is being sought to play winged prettyboy Angel (a role we previously heard Alias villain David Anders tested for).

At any rate, X-Men 3 is sprinting toward production with Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn at the helm and the hopes of getting it together in time for May of next year.

kelseygrammer03.jpg

I'm hoping he's just the voice of a mostly CGI Beast....cause I cannot for the life of me see a 500 lb blue furry Kelsey Grammer kicking things in the head.

Nor can I see Vinnie Jones as an X-villain - that guy is the luckiest man in movies. Here's hoping it's a non-speaking part.....

hey....i hated Frasier, but I think he'd do a great voice for Beast.

I imagine Beast will be CGIed if he's blue and fuzzy.

As long as they don't model him after the current comic book "Puss-in Boots" version. 893naughty-thumb.gif

hey....i hated Frasier, but I think he'd do a great voice for Beast.

I imagine Beast will be CGIed if he's blue and fuzzy.

yeah i doubt it would be the box office hit it is likely to be if he is jumping about in a blue furry suit trying to kick people 27_laughing.gif Though that may bring in a different audience altogether 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...Well,...back in the mid 90's I used to do some of the wardrobe for Frasier,... and believe me he already has a hairy enuf back to pull the role off,....they would just have to dye it blue,...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kitty Pryde was already featured in the first X-men movie, although not by name. confused.gif

She was in both movies already. I don't remember them calling her by her name in either one though.

Kitty Pryde was already featured in the first X-men movie, although not by name. confused.gif

She was in both movies already. I don't remember them calling her by her name in either one though.

They did called her Kitty in the first one. I don't think they called her by name in the second one. I'm saying that it sounds like they are expanding her character, and finally they are adding the members of the original X-Men. They listened to me! acclaim.gif27_laughing.gif

...Well,...back in the mid 90's I used to do some of the wardrobe for Frasier,... and believe me he already has a hairy enuf back to pull the role off,....they would just have to dye it blue,...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

I loved Fraiser! thumbsup2.gif

They probrably got him for the voice (at least, I hope thats the reason)...an intelligent sounding Beast would be appropriate!