• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

498 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tth2 said:
9 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

wow, is the market really moving this quickly that he could pay a world record price for this just a couple of months ago and already flip it for a profit?

will be interesting to watch the auction.

Since the CC auction, WW has turned into the biggest DC movie franchise, the only one that can hold its own against Marvel.  And it's being offered as part of the ultimate WW comic set.  So it seems like it might be a worthwhile gamble.

It doesn't have to be Wonder Woman or a matter of waiting several months to flip a book for profit.

Just take a look at some of the Jon Berk GA books which Ritter picked up from the CC auction just last month and he's already got them resold at healthy premiums or even double or more what he had to pay for them in the first place.  Looks like all it takes is being astute when buying, cracking the books out from their slab, putting them through his former partner's pressing machine, and then selling them off raw.  hm

Don't leave them in their slabs because it looks like buyers are not willing to pay the marked up prices for slabbed books, as opposed to happily paying for them in raw condition.   :devil:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

If I was the consignor of the books and I was given a choice between shorter bidding times with lower final selling price or longer extended bidding time with higher final selling price, guess which one I would choose.  To me, it's a no-brainer here.   :gossip:

I thought there were just buyers like me on these boards :grin:

24 minutes ago, The-Collector said:
On 7/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, Gotham Kid said:

More IGB garbage certainly.

Nope they are blue label CGCs.

http://adpages.ebay.com/wonderwoman/?_trkparms=meid_vp%3D3ae23c151dce4eba9ffd946b385e0c8b

We've established that a few pages ago.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Anyone know the history of the other two copies?

Why, did you not see the linked video featuring both Adams and Nelson hyping the book in the post just above yours?

Reminds me very much about the video which the same two characters put out hyping their discovery and find for the Action 1:

https://bigcomicpage.com/2014/08/25/action-comics-1-cgc-9-0-auction-is-over-and-has-smashed-records/

Are you trying to imply that there's possibly more to the history of these 2 WW related books than what the video is actually showing, similar to what we finally found out about the Action 1?  hm

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Why, did you not see the linked video featuring both Adams and Nelson hyping the book in the post just above yours?

Reminds me very much about the video which the same two characters put out hyping their discovery and find for the Action 1:

https://bigcomicpage.com/2014/08/25/action-comics-1-cgc-9-0-auction-is-over-and-has-smashed-records/

Are you trying to imply that there's possibly more to the history of these 2 WW related books than what the video is actually showing, similar to what we finally found out about the Action 1?  hm

No not implying anything. It's just that the video says nothing interesting. Just that they were purchased from a collection, which is rather trite.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:16 AM, lou_fine said:
On 7/19/2017 at 5:27 AM, G.A.tor said:
On 7/18/2017 at 11:58 PM, lou_fine said:

Well since you guys are most probably talking about the AMF Centaurs, I would have to say that quite a few of them look more like "win at all costs" bids, as opposed to just tracking bids.  (shrug)

Especially since the auction just started and there is still more than another 3 weeks to go.  hm

Not mine. Just little opening bid so when live bidding comes up I'm ready

With some of the bids where they already are, there's a high probability that they will be well past most collector's price range by the time the live bidding starts.  :frown:

Well, looks like the bidding for virtually all of these Centaurs have pretty much come to a dead stop for more than a week now.

I guess everybody's got their tracking bids in and just waiting on the bell to ring for the final lap and then watch the deep pockets come out as they turn the final corner heading for home.  hm  :taptaptap:

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like the bidding for virtually all of these Centaurs have pretty much come to a dead stop for more than a week now.

I guess everybody's got their tracking bids in and just waiting on the bell to ring for the final lap and then watch the deep pockets come out as they turn the final corner heading for home.  hm  :taptaptap:

I suspect there will be some action but won't be the slugfest some think

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:
5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I suspect there will be some action but won't be the slugfest some think

Is that code for "Rick will exercise restraint" hm

Especially when one of them is touching on $10K already, which to me indicates that the market might be getting a bit tippy up here.

Especially with the Centaurs which certainly does have the high demand, but that demand is not necessarily spread very wide.  hm

There are 3-5 I will take a poke at. But e prices are already "up" there so if I'm not going hard after them, can't imagine to many others are

14 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

There are 3-5 I will take a poke at. But e prices are already "up" there so if I'm not going hard after them, can't imagine to many others are

Especially when it's almost been like a relative "feast" out there for these Centaurs recently, when compared to other years when it's been like an extended famine.

Especially with almost the full slate of Centaur offerings from the recent  Jon Berk Auction and then the rather pricey ones from Michael Goldman at the SDCC just a couple of weeks ago. 

21 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Especially when it's almost been like a relative "feast" out there for these Centaurs recently, when compared to other years when it's been like an extended famine.

Especially with almost the full slate of Centaur offerings from the recent  Jon Berk Auction and then the rather pricey ones from Michael Goldman at the SDCC just a couple of weeks ago. 

There has been a "glut" of supply lately

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:
1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

There has been a "glut" of supply lately

I agree - the most Centaurs I've seen available (purchase or auction) that I can remember.

30 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm targeting just one. :wishluck:

:idea:  Well, how about we all come up with a collector's agreement that we all uniquely target just one of these Centaurs then.  :tink:

Unless the authorities are watching of course, then we never had this conversation at all.  lol

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

:idea:  Well, how about we all come up with a collector's agreement that we all uniquely target just one of these Centaurs then.  :tink:

Unless the authorities are watching of course, then we never had this conversation at all.  lol

Oh, great.  Now I'll I have to win three or four just so they'll know I'm honest. :taptaptap:

18 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Oh, great.  Now I'll I have to win three or four just so they'll know I'm honest. :taptaptap:

Oh no.......then that means I also have to win 3 or 4 of them in order to avoid being thrown into the clinker.  lol

On 8/4/2017 at 11:30 AM, sacentaur said:

I agree - the most Centaurs I've seen available (purchase or auction) that I can remember.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:13 PM, Sqeggs said:

I'm targeting just one. :wishluck:

Boy, even though it's  still early, you don't kid around when you say you are targeting just one, as that particular one has more than double in price since you pointed it out to us here just yesterday.  :baiting:  lol

Edited by lou_fine