• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

498 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

What ? It's the other guys. Shocked it's not a 9.6. :eyeroll:

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, dem1138 said:

This exact copy sold in a comicconnect auction in May 2017 - $5855. 

Actually it sold in March 2017 first for $10,200, but the winning bidder didn't pay...

So it auctioned (again) through CC and it sold for $5855 - quite a swing (what happened to the underbidder?).

Both before and after the March/May auction similar copies cgc 8.5 with worse PQ sold on clink around $8000.

Bizzare...

Seeing it now in a cbcs 9.2 holder is icing on the cake.

Edited by Johnny545

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:

This exact copy sold in a comicconnect auction in May 2017 - $5855. 

Actually it sold in March 2017 first for $10,200, but the winning bidder didn't pay...

So it auctioned (again) through CC and it sold for $5855 - quite a swing (what happened to the underbidder?).

Screams of being shilled.

I suspect shilling is not only restricted to ebay. The nicer looking Berk 28 7.0 MP ended at $7900. There is a cbcs 28 7.0 EP that is at almost 6K after 24 hrs of bidding. :eyeroll:

Edited by Gotham Kid

18 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

Underbidder still could have won, but now it would be up to the 3rd place bidder to get it to the $10K area again.

Saw this very real phenomena happen recently with a Japanese movie poster called Horror of the Wolf. There have been a couple of very aggressive new poster buyers on the Yahoo Japan auction site. When the first copy of this poster appeared in May it sold for ¥121,000 (about $1100 US), to one of the two. When the seller listed a second copy the following week the underbidder purchased it for only ¥15,500 (about $140 US) because the third place bidder in the original auction dropped out at ¥15,000.  The seller listed another and the third place bidder of the first auction was the only bidder at ¥11,000.  The last couple of copies he has listed haven't even cracked the $50 barrier. (This was an uncommon poster prior to these sales, but obviously the seller has found some unused examples from an old theater.)

werewolf.jpg

On 8/21/2017 at 8:45 PM, lou_fine said:
On 8/21/2017 at 1:35 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Some nice books in the CC auction.

But still definitely not as nice as what was in their last auction for sure.  :wink:

Yes, except for some of the highlight books, many of the other books are not doing their fast jump out of the starting gates like the last auction.

In fact, most of the early World's Finest are still in the low single digits only, while the supposedly hot Fox books are mostly still sitting only in double digits territory.  hm

Just maybe, a sign of things to come and they'll all end at record lows for a change so I can snap up a few items.  :wishluck:  :takeit:

34 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

There has to be some auction fatigue at some point. 

When I was a much smaller version of myself, I assisted my father with his stamp collection.  I perused between 10 and 15 stamp auction catalogs every month.

Kids these days. :baiting:

4 hours ago, adamstrange said:

When I was a much smaller version of myself, I assisted my father with his stamp collection.  I perused between 10 and 15 stamp auction catalogs every month.

Financial fatigue lol

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, except for some of the highlight books, many of the other books are not doing their fast jump out of the starting gates like the last auction.

In fact, most of the early World's Finest are still in the low single digits only, while the supposedly hot Fox books are mostly still sitting only in double digits territory.  hm

Just maybe, a sign of things to come and they'll all end at record lows for a change so I can snap up a few items.  :wishluck:  :takeit:

Haven't World's Finest been "bargain" books for a long time?  

Just went through the auction listings.  Lots of beauties.  Almost spit out what I was drinking when I saw how little the Voldie heavily restored Archie 1 was selling for.  :roflmao:

38 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Just went through the auction listings.  Lots of beauties.  Almost spit out what I was drinking when I saw how little the Voldie heavily restored Archie 1 was selling for.  :roflmao:

lol

I had to go see for myself.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=671365

Edited by Gotham Kid

11 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Yeah, but you were a "special" kid.

3 hours ago, telerites said:

Wonder how much of the covers are original?  More pieces added to the back?

Incomplete interior and I'm sure it will still go for thousands.  Off white pages are nice. Heck I should have kept my mouth shut and bought it for $24. Wonder if Voldie would have given a 9.8 if complete?

Edited by ThothAmon