• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Accidental Heritage win
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Last night I bid on my first Heritage Sunday action, and used the text reminder option on it.  When I got the text I mistakenly thought the link in the text was a direct link to the auction I was interested in (there was a notice blocking the auction image on my phone) and bid on it.  And bid again, and again, and then won it for what seemed like a good price.  And then I realized what I had done wrong...the auction I won was for an editorial cartoon, not the Hulk page I wanted.   It's clearly not something in my collecting interests from my Heritage profile and CAF gallery.

Anyone have any advice/experience on how best to resolve this?  So far I've sent an email to Heritage and I'm just waiting to hear back.  I think I should call them, but is there someone specific that I should reach out to?  

Thanks!

i'd just contact them, i accidentally bid on and won a donald duck animation drawing on my i pad....partially due to just not disabling bidding and my finger accidentally hit the bid button. I explained the situation and they didn't hold me to the purchase. i'd imagine worse case senario is that they just keep it and relist it, if they hold you to the purchase.

Heritage might also be willing to contact the underbidder on your behalf, probably using their 'Make Offer To Owner' feature so they can get their cut again.  But you could possibly get most of your money back that way.

I've done the same thing but in my case I was bidding through my phone and just couldn't see the picture.  I paid for each piece -- I'll hang on to them for awhile or I will trade/sell them.  They are good pieces but weren't what I thought I was buying.

Hi All, 

Thankfully, someone from Heritage reached out and they will be cancelling the sale and sharing the feedback with their web developers.  Top marks for customer service here - and again, the piece I won clearly wasn't in my collecting interest so no signs of buyers remorse or anything like that, so hopefully that helped my case.

Best
Simon

7 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

You forgot the most important piece of information - what Hulk page were you going for and did you win that as well?

I was passingly interested in the 387 page (the main image being a woman being hit didn't appeal that much but when I thought I was buying it at $500, I was happier!) but it was the Purves that I really wanted.  My first Purves!