• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking back....
4 4

152 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

I second/third the motion that those stickers are cool @Marwood & I(thumbsu

Stickers are cool Craig, yes. Unless of course they are the immovable kind found on the back of a Comic Link CGC win :frustrated:

On 7/13/2017 at 4:33 PM, 1950's war comics said:

That is a sweet system Lizard and i like it !

and i thought you were kidding about Baby Huey .... but i like that too as he and Little Lulu were pretty popular when i was a kid too

and as mentioned before i am working on a run of  "Leave it to Binky"

That's organized.

2018 thread bump for awesomeness :grin:

So I'm trying Key Collectors app, it's pretty nifty for an online list of keys when searching through boxes, and it's updated almost every day with new titles. Still don't know how they arrive at their approx. values though. 

I'm also looking at revamping my excel spreadsheet of all my books including wantlist books and was poking around for ideas an inspirations.

GetMarwood's stickers and system is so cool.

After buying a few duplicates of late (they were cheap $1 bin stuff so I didn't care too much) I've been putting some thought into how to best organize my collection.  Excel seems like a good way to go and I like what I see from boardies, but I dread having to compile the data on 3000-4000 books.  I mean, I don't get why I can have a free app to track my wine (CellarTracker), but I can't get one to track my comics.  Surely there's got to be an API or way to pull from a database somewhere to allow you to build a library while also putting together a Want List.  And then to have that Want List connected to any number of online sellers and thus monetizing clickthru's.

I might have to check out the CZL app eventually.  At the very least, I can twist the ability to track 100 comics and make that my Want List so I can at least carry it in my pocket.  But until then, I guess I should get started on that Excel doc.  Thanks for all the ideas and great examples from those of you who already have one.  What's that saying about "standing on the shoulders of those who came before us."  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

2018 thread bump for awesomeness :grin:

So I'm trying Key Collectors app, it's pretty nifty for an online list of keys when searching through boxes, and it's updated almost every day with new titles. Still don't know how they arrive at their approx. values though. 

I'm also looking at revamping my excel spreadsheet of all my books including wantlist books and was poking around for ideas an inspirations.

GetMarwood's stickers and system is so cool.

Thanks James! I'd forgotten about this thread. You ought to see how the Charlton pence collection / records are coming along (thumbsu

48 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

After buying a few duplicates of late (they were cheap $1 bin stuff so I didn't care too much) I've been putting some thought into how to best organize my collection.  Excel seems like a good way to go and I like what I see from boardies, but I dread having to compile the data on 3000-4000 books.  I mean, I don't get why I can have a free app to track my wine (CellarTracker), but I can't get one to track my comics.  Surely there's got to be an API or way to pull from a database somewhere to allow you to build a library while also putting together a Want List.  And then to have that Want List connected to any number of online sellers and thus monetizing clickthru's.

I might have to check out the CZL app eventually.  At the very least, I can twist the ability to track 100 comics and make that my Want List so I can at least carry it in my pocket.  But until then, I guess I should get started on that Excel doc.  Thanks for all the ideas and great examples from those of you who already have one.  What's that saying about "standing on the shoulders of those who came before us."  (thumbsu

I don't have near as many books (~450), and I use the Excel/CLZ combination, and that seems to be working well for me.  I also got tired of purchasing dupes when I didn't have the spreadsheet handy.  CLZ does have some quirks, but  is great to have on my phone.  I like that it is updated with new/upcoming issues with the cover art, and that it backs my stuff up on their servers.

I need someone to come help organize the mess of twenty some boxes i've let get out of control in the last decade.Then we can merge them with the twenty I have organized!Fun will be had!Tapwater provided! 

5 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I need someone to come help organize the mess of twenty some boxes i've let get out of control in the last decade.Then we can merge them with the twenty I have organized!Fun will be had!Tapwater provided! 

Never! Organised chaos suits you Jim. 

22 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

There are some books(doubles) I need to find for tradsies.And a missing Strange Tales 110 and Archie 50 that have been on the lam for too long!.I go to search and get overwhelmed or distracted.A lot of comics get rediscovered and read though.Better read than dead!

26 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
31 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Hang on, did you say tapwater? 

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Screen shot of my excel tracker for all Marvels published in 1976.

The color coding and counting is all automated

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 7.24.39 PM.png

That's cool Batman-Fan :headbang:

Did you miss a few titles? Or is 2001 under 'T' / Luke Cage under 'Power Man'? :grin:

b.thumb.PNG.b7ddd84192c137f8dff1e66078059a79.PNG

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's cool Batman-Fan :headbang:

Did you miss a few titles? Or is 2001 under 'T' / Luke Cage under 'Power Man'? :grin:

b.thumb.PNG.b7ddd84192c137f8dff1e66078059a79.PNG

Yep, 2001 is under T and Luke Cage is under Power Man.  I like your too.

27 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Yep, 2001 is under T and Luke Cage is under Power Man.  I like your too.

What's Crypt of Shadows under? :grin:

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I don't have that one.

Oh. I thought blue meant you had it, white not? 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Oh. I thought blue meant you had it, white not? 

Thats right, I don't have Crypt of Shadows.  I continue to find stuff I have missed from my list.  The bad thing is the 70s horror are tough to find.