• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED

11 posts in this topic

Let's try something interesting...

I've been looking for a Captain America Comics (1941) #27 for a while, with no success. I thought I would see if a trade opportunity involving a Military Comics #31 CGC 9.2 Camp-coded Okajima would shake one loose.

If you're looking for a Camp-coded Okajima, this one ticks alot of boxes...high grade war book, with cover reference to a Japanese enemy (Captain Hitsu). As far as the interior is concerned...we're talking cover-to-cover stories about fighting the "Japs"...fascinating, when the nature of the pedigree is considered. You can check out the interior (and killer spash page) of someone else's copy at comicbookplus.com LINK.

Word on the street (i.e., from our resident expert(s) over in the Okajima thread in Gold) is that the going rate for high-grade, war-related, camp-coded Okajimas is somewhere around 10x the price of a corresponding non-Okajima copy. So, what's the value of a non-Okajima Military #31 9.2? $400'ish?

If so, that would put an estimated value on this Okajima copy in the $4,000 neighborhood, yes? :whatthe:  For now, let's be slightly more conservative and go with $3,750 as the trade value I'm looking for (of course, partial trade works fine, with cash kickers either way, depending on the book you offer). If you think that's off, we can discuss while we're discussing your Cap #27. :grin:

We don't see "trade-only" sales threads very often, but I think that, in addition to stating that trade value up there and stating "TRADE ONLY" in the title, these rules will put me in compliance for a trade-only thread...somebody let me know if I'm missing something:

Shipping: if we reach a deal, I'll ship the Okajima to you via USPS insured priority/registered mail in the USA; if you're not in the USA, we'll need to discuss to make sure I have a shipping approach I'm comfortable with.

Returns: you know exactly what you're getting, so lets say no returns on this one (unless damaged during shipping).

Acceptable forms of payment for any necessary cash kicker on a partial trade: if we reach a deal and you owe me a cash kicker, I'll accept PayPal, personal check, or USPS money order

If you have a Captain America #27 you would offer towards a trade, let's parley! In terms of condition, the sweet spot I'm looking for is in the 4.0-7.0 range, preferably in a slab...but I'm open-minded. Of course, a prerequisite to any trade deal is that I actually like the copy of Cap #27 that you offer up :D

Edited by edowens71

:mad:

You mean to tell me that among the relatively small pool of collectors here who have viewed this post, there's not one among you who wants a Camp Okajima, who also has a sweet Cap 27 you're willing to let go?!?! What are the odds? I'm shocked.

lol

It was worth a try. :preach:

35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I dunno, as awsome as that Military is, I'd keep that beautiful Schomburg mororcycle cover any day...

:makepoint:

This does not help me, Robot Man. lol

OK, then...I hereby (again) offer to trade cash money (instead of this here Okajima) for a sweet Cap #27. :insane:

Edited by edowens71

26 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

:makepoint:ving 

This does not help me, Robot Man. lol

OK, then...I hereby (again) offer to trade cash money (instead of this here Okajima) for a sweet Cap #27. :insane:

Feel for you Edowens.  I have a Cap #27 that's been in resto for 2 years now, driving me crazy.  It's my top comic of all comics.  And I'm not sure I've seen another one for sale over that time?  

Never knew about the "camp" part of the Okajima pedigree.  That's one serious piece of history you have there!

Edited by path4play

On 7/19/2017 at 8:09 PM, path4play said:

Never knew about the "camp" part of the Okajima pedigree. 

There's an entire thread devoted to discussing this over in Gold...it's well worth reading...an incredible situation. Here's the link:

EDIT: Thread is closed.

Edited by edowens71