• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this real? Stan Lee, Gearge Lucas, Harrison Ford signed

50 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I know these looked forged however I personally hate celebrities who just scribble a pen mark, why not take a bit of time or is that too much to ask?

Completely agree we are the reason they are famous so at least put some effort in their signatures it's the least they can do

My nephew was at the preview screening of Matt Smiths first appearance as Dr Who, Matt was there along with Karen Gillan and both of them signed an 8x10 still with scribbles. As there were at least 100 in attendance 90% children why scribble?  I myself have got beautiful replies from Alec Guinness Peter Cushing even Christopher Lee and everyone of them took their time signing maybe it's the point of them being bigger stars and appreciating their fans.  

i agree sometimes the celebrities don't care though and to "act" like they do care they sign for a few people and go, or maybe its something with todays age, like come on, i have never seen a bad looking signature from the 50s back but starting at around the late 60s the signatures just looked hideous i don't know 

1 hour ago, kav said:

Other items for sale:
Spider man comic signed by steve ditko when he stumbled out of a starbucks.

--script of Bourne movie signed by matt damon when seller ran into him at a copy shop.

Photo of tom cruise seller luckily had with him when he bumped into tom at a street fair.

something very close like that happened to me once though, this is a true story: around 2-3 years ago i traveled to San Francisco for vacation, while there i passed by this shop that sold Geek things, in the store i bought a harry potter chocolate frog like form the movies. in the frog it came with a card of a famous harry potter professor, i got professor mcgonigal (i'm pretty sure i misspelled that) who is played by Maggie Smith. we were on vacation so i put the card into my backpack and forgot about it. that night we went to eat dinner at this fancy restaurant. anyway i was put to sit down and guess who was two tables in froth of me, Maggie Smith! through out the entire meal i was to embarrassed to go up to her, and i was afraid if i took a picture with my phone some guy would think i was stalking her or something (stupid, i know.) i leave the restaurant and never talked to her though i did pass by her and smile, (she smiled back!) 

3 hours ago, kav said:

Other items for sale:
Spider man comic signed by steve ditko when he stumbled out of a starbucks.

---script of Bourne movie signed by matt damon when seller ran into him at a copy shop.

Photo of tom cruise seller luckily had with him when he bumped into tom at a street fair.

:signfunny:

Can get creative on these as well!

Photo of Tom Cruise signed that he happened to have when he ran into Tom while climbing K2

--script of Twister that he got Bill Paxton to sign while attending Bill's funeral. As a bonus he got Phillip Seymour Hoffman's signature whose headstone was actually picked up by a tornado and as it fell to the ground it grazed the --script and made a mark.

signed helmet from Matt Damon when ran into him while he was on Mars.

Edited by Artboy99

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

Can get creative on these as well!

Photo of Tom Cruise signed that he happened to have when he ran into Tom while climbing K2

--script of Twister that he got Bill Paxton to sign while attending Bill's funeral. As a bonus he got Phillip Seymour Hoffman's signature whose headstone was actually picked up by a tornado and as it fell to the ground it grazed the --script and made a mark.

signed helmet from Matt Damon when ran into him while he was on Mars.

lol

lol

handwritten signed in blood -script alfred hitchcock gave him when he met the dude at subway.

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

I know these looked forged however I personally hate celebrities who just scribble a pen mark, why not take a bit of time or is that too much to ask?

So is it more memorable to have actually meet a celebrity and to get them to autograph something, or is it more meaningful to have a signature that is legible? 

Edited by Fiddy

No, I find it more rewarding that they took the time to reply and that you are given the chance to say how much you enjoyed their work. However I feel that the autograph scribble makes it so easy to fake, don't forget that the definition of an autograph is an example of their handwriting not just their name.

14 hours ago, tv horror said:

My nephew was at the preview screening of Matt Smiths first appearance as Dr Who, Matt was there along with Karen Gillan and both of them signed an 8x10 still with scribbles. As there were at least 100 in attendance 90% children why scribble?  I myself have got beautiful replies from Alec Guinness Peter Cushing even Christopher Lee and everyone of them took their time signing maybe it's the point of them being bigger stars and appreciating their fans.  

Can you post a pic of the Star Wars actors signatures? :wishluck:

They aren't Star wars I love horror movies and wrote to them long before 1977 and the Guinness one is a signed Ladykillers postcard. Believe it or not but I've written to all the horror greats Karloff, Price, Lugosi, Carradine all but Lugosi answered. I got the Lugosi one from my father as he met him during a visit to Belfast in the 50's while he played Dracula on stage.

I'm not being selfish about the photos as I'm useless on the pc.  

18 hours ago, Fiddy said:

So is it more memorable to have actually meet a celebrity and to get them to autograph something, or is it more meaningful to have a signature that is legible? 

You should see the "autograph" Woody Harelson gave me.

That guy owes me $5 for ruining my book.