• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Aug. 5th. Mark your calendars!
2 2

56 posts in this topic

More boxes debuted from the new Santa Rosa collection. EdgerX and Silverweb set up so that was lots of fresh keys and such. I sold an FF 2 and 48 and traded for an X-Men 2. Even though it's not that big a room, some customers stayed on their feet looking through books for 4 hours! I sold lots of vintage Batman, X-Men, and Wolverine mini series, plus some Marvel prehero books to two guys, plus Rangers Comics to two guys. I was absolutely busy the entire time. Attendance was strong.

The FFs were cheap and very low grade. I'll PM you.

Other highlights included just the sheer weight of comics knowledge in the room--we had someone who had a comics store in the 1970s! We had board member Lee Hester set up in the front, we had HarvDoss with his Amazing Fantasy 15 for sale.  Good stuff.

I think everyone would agree this was our best show ever! So fun.

The perfect balance of comic books and collectors! Thanks for coming everyone!

Huge thanks to The Brain for helping with parking and bringing donuts for CGC Boardies (again)!

Here are some pics from the show.

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

Edited by wormboy
Spelling

Yes Harv had the sweet Amazing Fantasy 15 for sale. Yes I saw the high grade ASM 122 and all the other bronze keys sell, and the raw WWBN 32 and 33, tons of golden age - almost everyone leaving had a big stack of comics and a smile on their face :cloud9:

But you can also have a blast finding really nice comics on the cheap at our show! Here's my haul yesterday:

IMG_1358.thumb.jpg.ba6c4e8f9f2a531222ceeae0cde85543.jpg

High grade Marvels from my want list (already rebagged in 2mm mylars and fullbacks haha):

IMG_1359.thumb.jpg.f13b316f8be2d8d8ed3966d4a9999ced.jpg

Dollar books!

IMG_1356.thumb.jpg.2bd8af09e756b63c5f8de76adf01d3c3.jpg

And some nostalgic readers from Dale Quick's 50 cent box.

IMG_1357.thumb.jpg.4c3cbfa3457d2f945209f35b487bac15.jpg

And, yes, that's a bottle of wine included in my haul! Thanks for the wine Jeff! (We're both wine guys).

All this for the grand total of $37 :whatthe:

Killer show as usual. Thanks Wormboy and HOC for a great time. We saw sales and interest across the board from bargain to keys. We brought around 4000 50cent books, 1500 1/2 priced back issues and around 400 "wall books". By the end of the show we had multiple empty boxes in all categories. If you're on the fence about this show, get off and go! It has the feel of a comic swap meet. Beyond the incredible selection of books there is a very relaxed air to the room with lively comic conversations ongoing in all corners. 

3 hours ago, wormboy said:

Huge thanks to The Brain for helping with parking and bringing donuts for CGC Boardies (again)!

:blush:

Thanks Tim, I believe you and Mark may have just found the

formula  that works for this type of venue, and if my small

role is helping the cause, then I'll be back in Nov.

:gossip:   ...And I'll bring donuts.

15 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Looks like a great, comics only show.  Love the crowds digging boxes.

The question is, who is traveling the furthest for the November show? We had inquiries from San Diego and Oregon for this one but I think the record turned out to be Chico.  For Nov. I'm hoping the record is at least Vancouver!

1 minute ago, The Brain said:

:blush:

Thanks Tim, I believe you and Mark may have just found the

formula  that works for this type of venue, and if my small

role is helping the cause, then I'll be back in Nov.

:gossip:   ...And I'll bring donuts.

Totally helpful! We need at least one morning person on hand!

4 hours ago, CW said:

Killer show as usual. Thanks Wormboy and HOC for a great time. We saw sales and interest across the board from bargain to keys. We brought around 4000 50cent books, 1500 1/2 priced back issues and around 400 "wall books". By the end of the show we had multiple empty boxes in all categories. If you're on the fence about this show, get off and go! It has the feel of a comic swap meet. Beyond the incredible selection of books there is a very relaxed air to the room with lively comic conversations ongoing in all corners. 

A rare CW post sighting, so I need to bump this lol.  I helped at CW's booth the whole day and it was non stop busy and quite fun. A pair of collectors bought a stack of keys (FF12, FF52, two FF 67s, ASM 121, Hero for Hire 1, ASM 194) all in one swift deal. FF 48 was a popular book that was asked for all day and the FF50 on the wall was mistakenly perceived by a several  shoppers as the first app of SS. Both Marvel Super Heroes 13s sold within a few hours of the show opening. I did not know that was such a wanted book. Other books that moved briskly were all the 50 cent bargains, Capt Marvel 28, any BA 30 cent variants, NM 14, ASM 238 newsstand w/tat, and Byrne X-Mens. Oddly, slabs don't seem to sell much or get any looks from what I can tell. Raw books sell great here which is probably a reflection of the old school con that this is--all comics and no cosplay or video games. Thanks to HOC and Wormboy for another standout gathering.  ^^

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

Edited by Primetime