• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC con pics lets get them now.
1 1

56 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Best SDCC in at least a decade - there's a plethora of GA books in the room, just about every dealer I've spoken with is reporting strong sales, like...

--an original owner Centaur collection, new to market.

Hey Steve;

How extensive and complete is this OO Centaur collection and what type of condition are they in?

Has this collection already been graded and at one of the dealer booths or is it still in raw condition?

Is it good enough that we can all stop bidding on the AMF Centaur's in the Heritage Auction that is currently underway?  lol

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Steve;

How extensive and complete is this OO Centaur collection and what type of condition are they in?

Has this collection already been graded and at one of the dealer booths or is it still in raw condition?

Is it good enough that we can all stop bidding on the AMF Centaur's in the Heritage Auction that is currently underway?  lol

Two dozen higher grade books at the Con, early AMF, KDF, and some FPS. Other lower grade books were sold previously.

The seller is holding onto part of the collection for the time being.

They are raw and priced aggressively.

The Heritage Centaurs are another new to market OO collection that surfaced in the Midwest earlier this year.

Edited by sacentaur

2 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

Link??

Not like it hasn't been posted a couple times in only 3 pages of thread but here goes... (click on Reply to Doc Joes Journal)

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Ouch,that ones going to leave a mark. lol

Don't feel bad batman_fan    Sqeggs is like xmas tree lights you hang them for hour's they look great than one goes out and it :censored: them all up and you have to throw them out.:facepalm:

string-of-christmas-lights.jpg

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

Fewer Comics at Comic-Con? Blame Comicononomics

https://www.wired.com/story/economics-comic-con/

I understand the cost to anyone traveling from outside San Diego to do business at the con but like anything else you have to weigh your overhead vs profit margins. I still know more than a few who seem to be able to make it work.

I never understood how Mile High made a great profit with their current business which I find some of their grading questionable and very inconsistent. Their prices in many cases are far, far from reality as well. I say this as someone who bought from them as a kid many years ago.

It's no surprise to me that their large space at the show coupled with product that probably wasn't right for making the kind of money needed to cover costs and pricing that usually wasn't competitive that after years of whining he left.

They are one of those vendors that had been there a while that I will notice as being gone but also one that never offered anything I wanted to buy at their prices.

What is the cost for 1 table Travel Room food for 3 days? When I went to con's in the 80's it was 40 bucks plus gas and food well worth it. the 90s it was 100 bucks gas and food still well worth it and it was all Comics with lots of star trec fans

Edited by woowoo