• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Summer Auction
1 1

183 posts in this topic

Just now, suspense39 said:

That was nuts

If I was an artist working in comics and I had a chance to do an Avengers issue, I'd make sure every single page either began or ended with "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE".

I'd then retire on the OA sales. 

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

If I was an artist working in comics and I had a chance to do an Avengers issue, I'd make sure every single page either began or ended with "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE".

UAprv13815_pg1.jpg

7 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Just now, Hekla said:

UAprv13815_pg1.jpg

:takeit:

28 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Actually went for a tad less than I thought it would, but pretty fair price over all.

That Avengers 76 page went higher than I thought it would but in retrospect, maybe not that surprising -- it is one of the best pages of that storyline and a large multi-Avengers "Avengers Assemble" panel or page during the JB/Palmer era is not as common as you might otherwise think.

4 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

$65,725.00

WOW! Ditko Strange Tale #141

My buddy was predicting $65-$85K based mostly on scarcity value.  Guess he was right (if just)!

3 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

I think I recall HA saying they have never had a Ditko ST Dr Strange page

Yes. I knew for sure this was their first all Ditko (pencil and inks) one for sure, but  I just checked their archives and it's the first one of any kind they've ever had. 

11 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

My buddy was predicting $65-$85K based mostly on scarcity value.  Guess he was right (if just)!

Yeah, most of the people I spoke to set the floor slightly lower (in the $50k range) but that was mostly wondering who would come out to play. The consensus feeling was this was possible/likely. 

Edited by comix4fun

12 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

For the love of Pete........Rick Hoberg? ???

I would have guessed a touch less, but 1985 Batman cover.......        you could have drawn it and it would still be worth 3-4k

Just now, Bronty said:

I would have guessed a touch less, but 1985 Batman cover.......        you could have drawn it and it would still be worth 3-4k

There's just no basis for anything by Hoberg going that high, no matter who inked it. 

The closest thing was someone timing the sale of the What if? Jane Foster Thor pages for peak interest. Everything else is a couple hundred bucks at best. 

4 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

There's just no basis for anything by Hoberg going that high, no matter who inked it. 

The closest thing was someone timing the sale of the What if? Jane Foster Thor pages for peak interest. Everything else is a couple hundred bucks at best. 

Okay, I get it, bu you're looking at it as a Hoberg cover.    I think we need to look at it as a 1985 Batman cover (main title - not detective, not world's finest - batman).

We all know it wasn't going to end for a couple hundred.

Looking at HA's archives the only other main title Batman cover that's sold in that date range is a Mandrake that sold for about $1000 more.    Mandrake is slightly better known but not exactly a household name either, no?

Just now, Bronty said:

Okay, I get it, bu you're looking at it as a Hoberg cover.    I think we need to look at it as a 1985 Batman cover (main title - not detective, not world's finest - batman).

We all know it wasn't going to end for a couple hundred.

Looking at HA's archives the only other main title Batman cover that's sold in that date range is a Mandrake that sold for about $1000 more.    Mandrake is slightly better known but not exactly a household name either, no?

I think comix was talking about the What If? cover that sold for a couple thou more than the Batman cover. The Batman cover is a little more dynamic, but you get a good number of well known Cap characters on the What if cover.