• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upcoming movies (DC, Marvel, other films)
4 4

286 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

Honestly, Iman seems genuinely nice, honest, and sweet. I do love her enthusiasm. Her responses seem real.  The other two have these very rehearsed overly polished, seen this same basic interview for every comic movie for the last 15 year responses. Disney comes across as almost desperate to make a certain person likable. 

Looking at the other set photos, I hate how overprocessed, over saturated, and overly clean they come across.  There is a look they use in all of the MCU promotional shots that just gives the impression of sameness.

Edited by drotto

On 7/23/2023 at 3:01 AM, Larryw7 said:

Looks like a VHS box for a Cannon film from 1984.

The marketing so far on this film has been dreadful.  I know there is some division on the Barbie movie as far as the film itself, but everyone seems to agree the marketing was brilliant.

On 7/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

I hate to say it, but those costumes look like they were designed by comic book artists who know nothing about fashion. It is possible to interpret the design of a costume found in a comic book so that it still looks like the right costume, but it also looks right in the real world. This is a problem in many superhero films, but this is about as fake looking as the Power Rangers. Dr. Strange is probably the best example. Iron Man doesn't count because his suit of armor is more armor than suit.

On 7/25/2023 at 8:45 PM, paqart said:

I hate to say it, but those costumes look like they were designed by comic book artists who know nothing about fashion. It is possible to interpret the design of a costume found in a comic book so that it still looks like the right costume, but it also looks right in the real world. This is a problem in many superhero films, but this is about as fake looking as the Power Rangers. Dr. Strange is probably the best example. Iron Man doesn't count because his suit of armor is more armor than suit.

the other problem is it looks like whoever put that graphic together grabbed photos that were taken of costume fittings - front view to create their layout. The actors standing with arms hanging straight down, which isn't all that exciting. Emotionless and boring.

Edited by Artboy99

On 8/2/2023 at 11:22 AM, drotto said:

With Tatiana Maslany basically calling out Bob Iger in the actors strike, is She-Hulk done or at least diminished in the MCU now?

The MCU's ability to ditch new characters or story threads without much consequence really shows how divested they are in their own properties, and the audience has followed suit.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:04 AM, Bosco685 said:

"The MCU is critic-proof!" - Real MCU Fans

#TheMarvels' "biggest difference from the other MCU movies to date is that it’s really wacky, and silly," says director Nia DaCosta!

I already knew, but thank you Nia DaCosta for confirming that I don't need to see The Marvels.

For comparison: I HATED Thor Love and Thunder, another movie that was "really wacky, and silly"