• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC War Originals

28 posts in this topic

I couldn't find a thread with DC war original art, so I decided to start one. Here are three of my twice up splashes. The first two are also the cover feature and both are pre-Sgt Rock Easy Company stories. Left to right it's Our Army at War 33 by Irv Novick, All American Men of War 39 by Ross Andu and Mike Esposito, and G. I. Combat 49 by Jerry Grandenetti.

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, lobrac said:

G.I. COMBAT #64 title page to the 1958 story "Periscope Quarterback" by the legendary Russ Heath!

xcYNGLr6_2905142131001.jpg

Great detail and the individual expressions on each sailor's face make this an awesome splash! 

9 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

I couldn't find a thread with DC war original art, so I decided to start one. Here are three of my twice up splashes. The first two are also the cover feature and both are pre-Sgt Rock Easy Company stories. Left to right it's Our Army at War 33 by Irv Novick, All American Men of War 39 by Ross Andu and Mike Esposito, and G. I. Combat 49 by Jerry Grandenetti.

image.jpeg

Wow, great stuff and great way to kick off a thread!

3 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

That's a nice page from one of Kubert's best framing stories for WWT. There were only 6 new pages in that book (Kubert's 5 plus a gag page). I'm a huge fan of Weird War.

3 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

That's a nice page from one of Kubert's best framing stories for WWT. There were only 6 new pages in that book (Kubert's 5 plus a gag page). I'm a huge fan of Weird War.

You're a huge fan of Weird War? Here's a Kubert page 1 to issue #7. Enjoy!

IMG_0374.JPG

9 hours ago, tth2 said:

Some great stuff in here!

I don't have any really vintage war art, but here's a Heath piece from the 1970s that I really like.

Heath OAW 268 OA p.5.jpg

The dedication (usually frowned-up if appearing inside the dimensions of the actual artwork) actually looks quite neat (as is Heath's writing).  Might help if your name's Ken . . .

Edited by The Voord