• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rawhide Kid 17 on Heritage
2 2

38 posts in this topic

(worship)

5 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I had one years ago that I sold.

RK_04.jpg~original

(worship)

I don't suppose you took a scan of the indicia page did you @ Pontoon ? Or can recall whether it had a Thorpe & Porter or L Miller distribution blurb?

No, I didn't make a scan or photo and I don't have any notes about it either. The majority of pence copies of any books I've had over the years have been Thorpe and Porter, but I can't recall for this particular issue.

46 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

No, I didn't make a scan or photo and I don't have any notes about it either. The majority of pence copies of any books I've had over the years have been Thorpe and Porter, but I can't recall for this particular issue.

Not to worry. Thanks for coming back to me on it (thumbsu

11 hours ago, comicalgems said:

And they say no one buys Westerns.

That's what I would have said.

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:
5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

That's what I would have said.

tumblr_om9f6r7Nsv1v9s8bio1_500.gif.8997ce8ad0dba1140f105a167657de06.gif

OK - so 20 or so collectors collect two sought after issues out of tens of thousands of possibilities...., :eyeroll:

It's not dis, just an observation.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

OK - so 20 or so collectors collect two sought after issues out of tens of thousands of possibilities...., :eyeroll:

I'll give you a rawhide in a minute if you don't shut your face, ha ha, ha. xD

hm

You'd enjoy it, wouldn't you liz O.o

50 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
55 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'll give you a rawhide in a minute if you don't shut your face, ha ha, ha. xD

hm

You'd enjoy it, wouldn't you liz O.o

banana052.gif

action-smiley-073.gif

I am kinda disappointed (canèt get one) to see it go for this kind of price but on the other hand, some attention on this title is long overdue.    Some of the best Kirby Ayers Lee stuff :)

On 8/7/2017 at 11:21 AM, smithdatura said:

Anyone else follow/see this auction last night? I had what I thought was a respectable bid in although I still expected to get edged out in the live bidding. Not only did I get edged out, but I got smoked...

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/western/rawhide-kid-17-marvel-1960-cgc-vf-85-white-pages/a/121732-11612.s?

How high do you think this result elevates the book? And did Heritage make a mistake burying it in a Sunday auction as opposed to the Signature one currently on offer?

It's always been the SA Western book to own but this auction would explain why someone bought my highest graded Rawhide Kid #26 a few days ago. lol

3 hours ago, BOOT said:

Some tough books...

RawhideKid0817Census.thumb.jpg.beb7e1c05a416775ebfff831cad461c6.jpg

Aint they purdy @BOOT :cloud9:

Try looking for their pence cousins though, and you'll find these US copies comparatively plentiful....