• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Summer Featured Auction 2017
1 1

363 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, artistlost said:

Hey Andy!

Nice haul! That Gaydos Alias DPS with Daredevil was mine at one time. You did well in buying it as you bought it for less than I sold it for.

mathew

Nice to know!

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Just heard from a BSD who lost out on a piece due to the technical issues last night. He's not happy (and the seller shouldn't be, either...his lot could have finished much higher).

He would have liked the auction to have been extended for another 24 hours, after the problem was resolved. He missed the e-mail from Clink as he was already asleep.

There may be no way to fix this without someone getting upset, but I can say for right now, the consignor has the most reason to be dissatisfied. Hopefully he and Clink can still figure something out.

24 hours is too long in my opinion. I feel it was handled appropriately. Does it stink it happened? Sure. But CL responded VERY quickly to the matter.

If there's a technical issue in the future and it affects something you're bidding on, my advice would be to wait until a resolution is announced.

Edited by DTM700

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

I decided to bid on a bunch of art this time around.  I really don't know the market well and I'd have to say I'm a very novice collector who enjoys buying a piece now and then.  I'm sure I paid more than I should have, but I just wanted to have a few new "neat" pieces. 

Here's what I bought:

image.png.cc37efb762e45b23fa64db897dd2f3d6.png Peter Bagge $433

I love Peter Bagge... great pickup.

Finally won something, at my max bid, no less. Fabok's first Detective cover, and the first appearance of someone I've never heard of lol 

Was just edged out as the underbidder on his Batman Annual Freeze cover that went up recently, so a nice consolidation.

IMG_4625.JPG

Edited by Mr. Machismo

15 minutes ago, Mr. Machismo said:

Finally won something, at my max bid, no less. Fabok's first Detective cover, and the first appearance of someone I've never heard of lol 

Was just edged out as the underbidder on his Batman Annual Freeze cover that went up recently, so a nice consolidation.

IMG_4625.JPG

Nice pencils!!! 

Do the consigners have any recourse with such a technical issue? Like, requesting a relisting or requesting the piece back? Sure, the chance of consigning again is reduced, but that doesn't help the situation at hand.

24 hours seems the most reasonable to me. Anything less and what Felix outlined might happen, which isn't great...

There wasn't much that caught my eye this time around, except one piece. 

Always like the idea behind the Maestro character...and I dig the trophy hunter aspect....for some reason. 

The messed up proportions, color palette, distorted facial expression and overall style had me coming back to this one over and over. 

59c2d95e7abf2_GarresFutureImperfect2cover.thumb.jpg.7694f558be891d079b10f7cd9f209b95.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mr. Machismo said:

Do the consigners have any recourse with such a technical issue? Like, requesting a relisting or requesting the piece back? Sure, the chance of consigning again is reduced, but that doesn't help the situation at hand.

24 hours seems the most reasonable to me. Anything less and what Felix outlined might happen, which isn't great...

As mentioned, I don't think there are many solutions that wouldn't upset someone,, it's just a guess , but maybe comiclink would wave their 10% sellers fee to try and appease the sellers?

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

There wasn't much that caught my eye this time around, except one piece. 

Always like the idea behind the Maestro character...and I dig the trophy hunter aspect....for some reason. 

The messed up proportions, color palette, distorted facial expression and overall style had me coming back to this one over and over. 

59c2d95e7abf2_GarresFutureImperfect2cover.thumb.jpg.7694f558be891d079b10f7cd9f209b95.jpg

That piece reminded me of the red skulls trophy room in old man Logan, with all the dead heroes signature items. It's quite cool

44 minutes ago, Mr. Machismo said:

so for those who are on these boards anyway - comiclink actually posted the announcement about the reopening of the auctions.  a good lesson to always follow the boards at the same time as the live auction. if for no other reason than its fun to get a play by play from those here on the boards. yesterday's announcement would have been a bonus if you were interested in those items. 

If I were a seller, my concern wouldn't just be confined to those items missed during the downtime, but all items offered AFTER the downtime too.

As a buyer, my immediate assumption upon the crash was that the remainder of the auction would be postponed to another day. In fact,  since the downtime lasted so long, I'd stopped checking CLink and moved on to other things. I only rejoined the auction because someone notified me via facebook that it was back up!

5 minutes ago, O. said:

If I were a seller, my concern wouldn't just be confined to those items missed during the downtime, but all items offered AFTER the downtime too.

As a buyer, my immediate assumption upon the crash was that the remainder of the auction would be postponed to another day. In fact,  since the downtime lasted so long, I'd stopped checking CLink and moved on to other things. I only rejoined the auction because someone notified me via facebook that it was back up!

while I did participate in the auction - I didn't realize the 'crash' until reading about them here last night.  I used alarms I set to get me to look when items I was interested in were closing. I find this helps me avoid bidding on items impulsively (something I did early on -when watching auctions and getting caught up)

4 hours ago, Mr. Machismo said:

They should really do whatever they can to fix that, given it's not the first time. That said, kudos to them for shipping out my piece already – that was quick!

Ha!

They are shipping as quick as possible before consigners ask to void the results. 

Sorry it has been paid for and shipped already, 

Just now, Ryanfromottawa said:

I agree , I just got off the phone with Sue (I think that's her name) in billing and she was very friendly and helpful!

Sue is a super nice lady.  I speak to her after almost every auction to pay for whatever I purchase.