• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 6
4 4

128 posts in this topic

Just now, Azkaban said:

after that AT got a 9.4 I thought this was a shoe in. The other problems I thought were on the case. Yikes

Yep it was a shoe out.

4 minutes ago, AJD said:

Me too. Not sure about "pretty close" though - a 4 point round

yea as far as points in the contest not great.  Still though, pretty close grades through those slabs based off a scan.  In hand I could nail those I think.

Just now, Michelangelo said:

My initial gut was to do 8.0 on the ASM.... Then I overthought it and decided on 8.5.... But before submitting, I overthought again because overall it looks too good, so submitted a 9.0

:makepoint:

I said just watch them both be 8.0-I was being facetious.

1 minute ago, Azkaban said:

after that AT got a 9.4 I thought this was a shoe in. The other problems I thought were on the case. Yikes

1 minute ago, Azkaban said:

Think this asm has some other non visual defects- maybe ripples or light bends that aren't visible? Looked really clean other than the corner bends 

1 minute ago, Westy Steve said:

I'm good.  Missed the Hulk by 1 and hearing people who thought the ASM was a 9.2 gives me hope that I may not drop in the rankings.  Trying to make a dramatic come-back after a serious dip.

I am flabbergasted!  

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Me too. Had 9.2 on that ASM but got hammered for the double corner creasing on the bottom right corner. 

I thought that was the case :ohnoez:

2 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Me too. Had 9.2 on that ASM but got hammered for the double corner creasing on the bottom right corner. 

CGC hammers it based on how long they are and those were kind of long.  I should have knock it down more but was reluctant after undergrading several books.