• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**** Case Swap video Real?
2 2

71 posts in this topic

Oh...and last, I actually know some of the competitions employees and think they are good guys and have never had an issue. Well there is one guy who had a run in with BeachBum who I don't think highly of but that's him and not a representation of said company.

2 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

YES....I'm the infamous poster of said video if my last post wasn't clear. ha ha

And don't share a hotel room with him because he snores and yells in his sleep.

2 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Oh...and last, I actually know some of the competitions employees and think they are good guys and have never had an issue. Well there is one guy who had a run in with BeachBum who I don't think highly of but that's him and not a representation of said company.

Epic run-in.

24 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

LOL....I didn't know I had a grip with anyone. Funny thing is at first I was telling myself "I don't know who this Vodly is" thinking it was a board name of someone...not knowing it's what people call the competition. lmao

And here's the video since someone said it was pulled down and couldn't find it:  

Oh...and next I have an easy way to crack open the new CGC cases which I'll post since some people say that they have a hard time doing it.  (But there is clear evidence when you open a CGC slab). I'll post a video of that once I have a blue label that needs to be cracked out.

If you do that I see this thread going poof in an instant, are you saying you have video proof of it being easy to crack a cgc slab and replace the label

???

26 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

LOL....I didn't know I had a grip with anyone. Funny thing is at first I was telling myself "I don't know who this Vodly is" thinking it was a board name of someone...not knowing it's what people call the competition. lmao

And here's the video since someone said it was pulled down and couldn't find it:  

Oh...and next I have an easy way to crack open the new CGC cases which I'll post since some people say that they have a hard time doing it.  (But there is clear evidence when you open a CGC slab). I'll post a video of that once I have a blue label that needs to be cracked out.

Thanks for coming out and showing the video.  Yes, please post on how to open the new CGC case.  I have the hardest time as well and afraid of getting hurt from flying pieces.

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you do that I see this thread going poof in an instant, are you saying you have video proof of it being easy to crack a cgc slab and replace the label

???

No....just how to open them a bit easier. There's no way to open them and swap labels.

Just know the first time I opened one I damn near sliced my hand open.  Well through trial and error (really dumb luck cause I didn't have anything to open one with) I tried something that worked amazing.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Someone mail this guy a book already!

I got books yesterday before heading to WW Chicago. I'll be cracking them out on Monday and I'll do a video so people have an easy way to do it.

8 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:

I am dumbfounded why any of the grading companies don't use a secondary counter measure like a color changing plastic , or adding cross referencing numbers to the book itself. 

They use that same dye method that they use for public pools. So don't trying doing that.

15 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:

I am dumbfounded why any of the grading companies don't use a secondary counter measure like a color changing plastic , or adding cross referencing numbers to the book itself. 

Well numbers on a book would devalue the book itself.

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

You can switch the micro chamber paper too. :gossip: 

41 minutes ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Opening the book out of the inner well sleeve would be harder in my mind , but I suppose those skilled in the dark arts are capable

Here's the problem....you shouldn't have to open up a slab to determine if it was tampered with. You could code the micropaper, but the only way to then know if there was an issue is to crack open the slab regardless and then you'd see the label was swapped out....and opening a slab defeats the purpose of having it in a slab.

13 hours ago, Kevlar said:
14 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

You can switch the micro chamber paper too. :gossip: 

14 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Opening the book out of the inner well sleeve would be harder in my mind , but I suppose those skilled in the dark arts are capable

Here's the problem....you shouldn't have to open up a slab to determine if it was tampered with. You could code the micropaper, but the only way to then know if there was an issue is to crack open the slab regardless and then you'd see the label was swapped out....and opening a slab defeats the purpose of having it in a slab.

Before you slab anything, you should put your own signature tear in the centerfold - that way you will be able to tell if the book was switched.

11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Before you slab anything, you should put your own signature tear in the centerfold - that way you will be able to tell if the book was switched.

If you submit something yourself you don't have to worry about it.  This has to do with purchasing items already graded.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, Kevlar said:

Well numbers on a book would devalue the book itself.

I've always wondered why books don't have their own numbering, say "#2 /100" when printed and it could be next to the bar code or somewhere near that. This would levitate from anyone thinking one book was swapped for another and every book would be unique.