• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official November 2017 heritage auction thread
3 3

330 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Interesting that the Kraven's Last Hunt cover set is being broken up, with one of the PPSS covers from the storyline showing up in the auction previews.  hm 

Wow...very interesting! Now we have to see if any of the others will be hitting the market, as well, or if it's simply a matter of kicking out the least favorite.

48 minutes ago, vodou said:

That thread is a good recap for those who aren't aware of where we are in the KLH saga. (thumbsu

2007 (?) - all six complete books are sold from a European collection

2010 - interiors start to be broken up over time

2017 - first of the cover set is broken up

More nice pieces have been added recently:

- Ditko Strange Tales/Dr Strange page

- Wood DD 5 page

- Miller Electra Saga #4 wrap-around cover

- Kirby X-Men #1 page

- infantino Flash 124 splash

- Gil Fox Torchy #3 cover ( hubba hubba!)

- Barry Smith - several covers, splashes, and panel pages

anyone know if this is Barry selling his stuff directly through HA?

1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

That thread is a good recap for those who aren't aware of where we are in the KLH saga. (thumbsu

It was May 2007 when the European collector sold the complete 6 issues and covers. I was gutted i lost out to Eric then, and i'm still gutted 10 years on.

41 minutes ago, John S. said:

It was May 2007 when the European collector sold the complete 6 issues and covers. I was gutted i lost out to Eric then, and i'm still gutted 10 years on.

I've been carrying the shame for a decade of losing out to both you and Eric back then.*  Some days it is just debilitating, hard to even get out of bed.**  Perhaps we should start a support group for those who missed out on either the complete books back in '07 and/or who missed out on their favorite interior pages in 2010-11.  First meeting will be next week at the New York Comic-Con, Friday at 1:30pm in room 1A24.***  Other Zeck-a-holics living with the crippling burden of not owning any of the Zeck pieces that Chuck scooped up are also welcome.  :foryou: 

* as part of a 3-person bidding consortium

** no, not really

*** please, nobody show up, the only thing actually going on in that room at that time is a panel on The End of the World and Questionable Futures (not joking about this), which is likely to only depress you more if you are actually bummed out at not owning the Zeck art you want

Edited by delekkerste

Just now, delekkerste said:

I've been carrying the shame for a decade of losing out to both you and Eric back then.*  Some days it is just debilitating, hard to even get out of bed.**  Perhaps we should start a support group for those who missed out on either the complete books back in '07 and/or who missed out on their favorite interior pages in 2010-11.  First meeting will be next week at the New York Comic-Con, Friday at 1:30pm in room 1A24.***  Other Zeck-a-holics living with the crippling burden of living without all of the Zeck pieces that Chuck scooped up are also welcome.  :foryou: 

* as part of a 3-person consortium

** no, not really

*** please, nobody show up, the only thing actually going on in that room at that time is a panel on The End of the World and Questionable Futures (not joking about this), which is likely to only depress you more if you are actually bummed out at not owning the Zeck art you want

:roflmao:

54 minutes ago, John S. said:

13 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I've been carrying the shame for a decade of losing out to both you and Eric back then.*  Some days it is just debilitating, hard to even get out of bed.**  Perhaps we should start a support group for those who missed out on either the complete books back in '07 and/or who missed out on their favorite interior pages in 2010-11.  First meeting will be next week at the New York Comic-Con, Friday at 1:30pm in room 1A24.***  Other Zeck-a-holics living with the crippling burden of not owning any of the Zeck pieces that Chuck scooped up are also welcome.  :foryou: 

** no, not really

12 minutes ago, John S. said:

:roflmao:

I've been living in Chuck's shadow for twenty years. More really, I just didn't know it. It's okay, there really is enough Zeck for everyone ;)

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Link doesn’t work.   Did the splash sell? What are people expecting the cover on sale to go for?   It’s a nice enough cover and memorable story but as was said there are better covers .   Somebody out there will want it fairly badly?

Edited by Bronty

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

Link doesn’t work.   Did the splash sell? What are people expecting the cover on sale to go for?   It’s a nice enough cover and memorable story but as was said there are better covers .   Somebody out there will want it fairly badly?

No idea what the cover will sell for, but I'd have to imagine that there are a lot of people out there that would be pretty excited to have the opportunity to buy a KLH cover outside of the complete set.

3 hours ago, Bronty said:

The worst cover from the story, however more may come up given the number of pieces it looks like Eric has released, so should one bid now or wait for a better one that may or may not appear, but I cannot work out why you would only sell one of the 6 covers.

6 hours ago, delekkerste said:

** no, not really

That panel sounds great. I bet Paolo Bacigalupi will field at least a few questions about his book The Windup Girl.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:15 AM, rocket1312 said:

Thanks for clearing that up.  You'd think that the descriptions would be a little more explicit as to what exactly these things are and what their purpose is.

For the TLDR crowd, these are imaginary covers from the Funky Winkerbean universe drawn by famous artists that are being sold to support Tom Batiuk's (Funky Winkerbean creator) cancer charity.

Thanks for that!

On 9/29/2017 at 5:48 AM, John S. said:

I am glad they broke up the issues. Couldn't afford the complete issues at the time, glad I got two interior pages.

4 hours ago, Bill C said:

Lots of cool stuff in this auction.

They have two pages from Flash 124 both listed as page 3, not a biggie. But they have a page listed as from Green Lantern #14- while it looks like the number penciled on that page, it seems extremely unlikely that is from #14. Kane's style looked more like that a few years later. Inks and his sidekick's girlfriend seem off too. 

*Just checked- it's from #74.

That's a big difference! lol

I hope Heritage is following this thread and will correct the listing.

Another great auction, lots of strong interiors this time around.  I noticed that the page from Thor 137 has come up again.  I seem to remember it was also in last auction.  Was it pulled? Anybody knows the story behind?

Carlo 

On 9/29/2017 at 5:45 AM, delekkerste said:

I'm pretty sure it was 2007. The buyer paid for a prominent Italian collector/rep to hand-carry the art from Italy to SDCC. Just a massive deal for the time.

Someone did the math (don't recall if this was posted publicly or shared privately), but basically, selling off the interiors paid for the entire deal (and possibly more). So, in essence, the covers were "free".