• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

Wow - really?:fear:

It's a song. Not a celebration of that artist's ugly behavior.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 had the Jackson 5's 'I Want You Back' with Michael Jackson singing. He definitely has a lot of controversy that went unconfirmed due to his early death. Still a great song nonetheless.

I recently watched You were never really there and started thinking about Joaquin’s movies

hes a great actor very subtle 

his performance in Her illustrates it perfectly 

I am very excited to see what he does here. These reviews are setting my expectations so high but I’m confident he delivers

Unfortunately that same critics that were cheering on the Punisher for killing villains are now worried that Joker is going to inspire people to dress up and attack people.

I'm sure he loved John Wick too killing all those assassins.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately that same critics that were cheering on the Punisher for killing villains are now worried that Joker is going to inspire people to dress up and attack people.

I'm sure he loved John Wick too killing all those assassins.

this guy's ancestors were probably evacuating New Jersey during War of the Worlds

22 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I think the critics who keep talking about copycats are so over the top that they're more likely to give some nut ideas than the actual movie will.

Unfortunately, the message is now having its impact. Joker started yesterday at 86% with 56 reviews. Now:

Joker_RT01.PNG.baea16e7ec4da4903840be9446b29697.PNG

And what are the negatives posting?

Jokerreview01.PNG.60e1cbbbfe76683a09fba9294f334f80.PNG

Jokerreview02.PNG.777fd227da36c5981f876d7d98eb9631.PNG

Jokerreview03.PNG.10f31afaf17b0b74d677d161094d5b8a.PNG

Jokerreview04.PNG.45adb9129504fe661d64b65f96ea771d.PNG

What's the last critically-acclaimed film like this where it almost entirely focuses on a villain with no hero to balance it?  Taxi Driver is the only one that comes to mind.

I know John Hinckley's obsession with that film had a huge impact on Martin Scorsese for a while and he briefly considered leaving filmmaking.  I've never heard him talk about it, but now I'm interested in hearing what he thinks of Hinckley in retrospect and the direct effect his film had on Hinckley.  Obviously he's entirely past it since he almost produced this film.  I suspect the net social effect of a film like this does more good than harm, but I'm curious about his opinion since he's had the most first-hand experience in thinking about it than almost anyone else.

Edited by fantastic_four

Unfortunately it is obvious if this came from another studio the same critics would categorize this as 'addressing real-world concerns' and 'bettering our society by challenging our actions and values'.

Crazy that one critic calls out Joker for encouraging people killing people, but then with Netflix's Punisher she would be that character to dish out the killing. hm