• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, NoMan said:

There's nothing to bow to so no need. You're the smart one; you can still enjoy movies. I'm too tired to make heads or tails of the rest of your post. I'm just trying to say that the guy that wrapped lighting cable covered in human excrement and urine in downtown skid row Los Angeles at 6am this morning after a 19 hour day on the reboot TV show of Perry Mason doesn't care if you're leaked the ---script. 

It really isn't that hard is you step back from wanting to convey you are not happy with how your industry treats workers. Which I AM NOT making light of this. :foryou:

You are so disappointed with the treatment, it sounds like it has made you numb to the final results - a production with stories that bring viewer fulfillment. Especially assuming all the details coming out, nobody cares. Ask the folks that were blown away how ignorant it was for WB to let the cat out of the bag Batman v Superman had Doomsday showing up in a trailer. The big villain reveal. Even those not excited over the film were shocked how poorly this was handled.

Story surprises matter, whether they be plot twists, unknown character introductions or other unexpected events. Not sure why that is hard to understand from a viewer perspective.

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It really isn't that hard is you step back from wanting to convey you are not happy with how your industry treats workers. Which I AM NOT making light of this. :foryou:

You are so disappointed with the treatment, it sounds like it has made you numb to the final results - a production with stories that bring viewer fulfillment. Especially assuming all the details coming out, nobody cares. Ask the folks that were blown away how ignorant it was for WB to let the cat out of the bag Batman v Superman had Doomsday showing up in a trailer. The big villain reveal. Even those not excited over the film were shocked how poorly this was handled.

Story surprises matter, whether they be plot twists, unknown character introductions or other unexpected events. Not sure why that is hard to understand from a viewer perspective.

ok

7 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I wish I had a time machine and could go back and smack the younger me over the head when I got it in my head I wanted to learn how films were made. I got what I wanted. That is for sure. 

There's always a way. Don't give up the ship just yet. Even if it means taking a slight step back to move forward. Don't feel like only the time machine could make things better.

:foryou:

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There's always a way. Don't give up the ship just yet. Even if it means taking a slight step back to move forward. Don't feel like only the time machine could make things better.

:foryou:

if you're a good guy and you enjoy these things, more power to you. 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

if you're a good guy and you enjoy these things, more power to you. 

Keep up the super work. In the end, you can see first-hand here how people get excited over the films and TV shows that they appreciate.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Keep up the super work. In the end, you can see first-hand here how people get excited over the films and TV shows that they appreciate.

My first day on a set in 1987 was for Phantasm 2 when The Tall Man reaches through the mirror and grabs the main character (last shot of first Phantasm, a personal favorite of mine) and I was like, Wow. and then went with a photographer to shoot Cindy Crawford nude for Playboy. And they paid me a lot and I was like, Wow. Does this happen in other industries? Just complete total burn out. I've only ever know the film biz. I'm burned out and should probably stay off this sub thread because it's about the fiction here (i mean this in a good way) and not reality. I just know the reality and it's not good plus I"m sounding like a cantankerous a-hole.

BTW: if you're a fan of Phantasm 2, me and a buddy snuck a bicycle pedal into as many scenes as we could with out the ---script supervisor (in charge of continuity among a million other things) noticing. Kind of a fun fact. That Bike pedal is in damn near every scene.

Bosco do you like all types of films or just the superhero ones? 

Edited by NoMan

8 minutes ago, NoMan said:

My first day on a set in 1987 was for Phantasm 2 when The Tall Man reaches through the mirror and grabs the main character (last shot of first Phantasm, a personal favorite of mine) and I was like, Wow. Does this happen in other industries? Just complete total burn out. I've only ever know the film biz. I'm burned out and should probably stay off this sub thread because it's about the fiction here (i mean this in a good way) and not reality. I just know the reality and it's not good. 

BTW: if you're a fan of Phantasm 2, me and a buddy snuck a bicycle pedal into as many scenes as we could with out the ---script supervisor (in charge of continuity among a million other things) noticing. Kind of a fun fact. That Bike pedal is in damn near every scene.

See? How would any of us have known that without your sharing? So cool, and funny. :applause:

8 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Bosco do you like all types of films or just the superhero ones? 

If I had to name 10 films I can watch repeatedly and not get bored with, the list would be:

1) Goon (2011)

2) Gentlemen Broncos

3) Big Trouble In Little China

4) Escape From New York

5) Watchmen: The Director's Cut

6) Signs

7) Zodiac

8) Spider-Man 2

9) Shaun of the Dead

10) Hellboy

How's that for taking a ride across multiple genres? :insane:

57 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

See? How would any of us have known that without your sharing? So cool, and funny. :applause:

If I had to name 10 films I can watch repeatedly and not get bored with, the list would be:

1) Goon (2011)

2) Gentlemen Broncos

3) Big Trouble In Little China

4) Escape From New York

5) Watchmen: The Director's Cut

6) Signs

7) Zodiac

8) Spider-Man 2

9) Shaun of the Dead

10) Hellboy

How's that for taking a ride across multiple genres? :insane:

If you get bored and are looking for a movie, watch this one and tell me what you think:

https://www.bynwr.com/articles/spring-night-summer-night-1

@Bosco685

I get the feeling you believe these negative critical reviews, dragging down the score will impact box office.

Don't worry, it won't.  Though I don't think it will end up "certified fresh" it will probably settle in to the mid-high 60%s. But as we have seen with a litany of recent releases from Venom to Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman, Booksmart, Blinded By the Light, etc etc, critics are virtually irrelevant these days, which makes Rotten Tomatoes irrelevant beyond maybe bragging rights for industry people who still haven't gotten the memo.  

-J.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Is it this one?

Yes.

There are many "lost" independent cinema on Nicolas Winding Refn's site. He's doing an amazing job of saving and restoring some of these movies that would otherwise be lost forever. The site is a little to arty in it's navagation, but man, the movies they have saved.

18 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Yes.

There are many "lost" independent cinema on Nicolas Winding Refn's site. He's doing an amazing job of saving and restoring some of these movies that would otherwise be lost forever. The site is a little to arty in it's navagation, but man, the movies they have saved.

But when does the guy on the motorcycle put a shield on his back? :insane:

Seriously, thank you for the recommendation. :foryou:

49 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Hmm...

For those that hated it, they truly hated it.

Joker_RT01.thumb.PNG.e877b17b434e4237b8026b01a6e7c80e.PNG

And in this case, the critic also trashed Venom for not including Spider-Man.

Edited by Bosco685

There.always has to be a scapegoat for society to blame when the times are troubled(and aren't they always?). In the 1930s it was movies,.leading to the Production Code Administration led by censor Joseph Breen. In the fifties, comic books were blamed for everything. We all know how that turned out. Sixties, Rock and Roll.Eighties, Dungeons and Dragons. Music again in the nineties. For about the.last 10 years, video games. And so on.

so many in our world feel a need to blame popular culture for all of our problems. Maybe because truly facing what ails our civilization is much too terrifying to contemplate.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

A super-funny film with a great soundtrack and loads of heart. :banana:

Based on a true story, too.

Loser wannabe puck-raggers on NHL used to name their players Xavier Laflamme.

Loser wannabe UFC fighters who only go for body checks sometimes still name their players Doug Glatt...