• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post the WHITEST white cover pre 1968 Marvel yovu'e ever seen
1 1

24 posts in this topic

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/tales-of-suspense-57-marvel-1964-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/p/7169-90002.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

This white cover on this TOS 57 looks incredible.

ive never seen a whiter cover Marvel

I owned the curator copy of TOS 57 , it was a cgc 9.4-( I think icculus , a board member owns it now), that was white but this copy blows it out of the water (from memory)

1 hour ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/tales-of-suspense-57-marvel-1964-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/p/7169-90002.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

This white cover on this TOS 57 looks incredible.

ive never seen a whiter cover Marvel

I owned the curator copy of TOS 57 , it was a cgc 9.4-( I think icculus , a board member owns it now), that was white but this copy blows it out of the water (from memory)

If the TOS 57 was any brighter I would need to reuse a pair of solar eclipse glasses from Monday's event.

The whiteness depends on the settings used to capture and process the image.  

For comics I've seen in person, the Curator pedigree books with white covers are the whitest I've ever seen.

FF28Curator2.jpg.3914d9ae308b4c6151a224da6b39f55e.jpg

Edited by namisgr

It's rare to see a truly white SA book.  I've seen a few, but nearly every one of them have either ink transfer from the interior or have dulled to some degree.  I bought a snow white FF Annual 2 back in 1979 or so and kept it in a mylar ever since.  I was out of the hobby for 2 decades and when I got back in about 10 years ago, looked at the book and it had ink transfer from the interior and had yellowed considerably from when I placed it into a mylar.  I live in California with little humidity and the storage conditions have always been good. 

Edited by scooter99
10 years, not 2

51 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Anybody that owns an Avengers #4 knows that the cover tends to get tanish, but this one that I bought a couple years ago off of junkdrawer is a beauty white.

avg4f_zpsbxpmsbu3 1_zpsulenfnsd.jpg

that is a white cover, does it have any visible transfer from the inside front cover?

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

The whiteness depends on the settings used to capture and process the image.  

For comics I've seen in person, the Curator pedigree books with white covers are the whitest I've ever seen.

^^

Hey all --

I'm a stickler for white cover stock in my key collection, so here are two of my books that I think have amazing preservation.  I've posted them both in other threads, but hope that doesn't bother anyone.

The Avengers #4 is from the Marvel Art Review collection, and the #67 is from Comiclink not long ago.  I've never seen a better #4, and the #67 is outta sight.

Dan

Avengers 4.jpg

FF 67.jpg

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, Drummy said:

Hey all --

I'm a stickler for white cover stock in my key collection, so here are two of my books that I think have amazing preservation.  I've posted them both in other threads, but hope that doesn't bother anyone.

The Avengers #4 is from the Marvel Art Review collection, and the #67 is from Comiclink not long ago.  I've never seen a better #4, and the #67 is outta sight.

Dan

Avengers 4.jpg

FF 67.jpg

the ff 67 is killing the Av 4 I n whiteness!

Here is the WHITEST cover I have ever saw!!! :