• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confidential- Is This Tomorrow Advance Copy
2 2

37 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2017 at 1:21 PM, eccomic said:

IMG_5263.JPG

Awesome find.  I found one of these in a collection I got off of Craig's List a few years back, but it had some restoration (minor color touch) and only graded a 6.0 -- to find one like this unrestored is truly awesome.

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Very cool!  I don't think I've seen this one before.

one of only 2 known copies, 3 if you include the copy in the archives of Free Europe exhibit in Czech Republic... This book is smoking rare. 

1 hour ago, october said:
6 hours ago, eccomic said:

I bought it. Sent you a PM...

Nice pickup!  PM me next! :)

On 8/27/2017 at 12:09 PM, eccomic said:

After a decade of searching I unearthed a Cold War/Anti-Communist grail for my collection.

Published in 1947, this notorious Is This Tomorrow Advance Variant surfaced at Wizard World Chicago. Very rare with only 4 known copies in existence. Overstreet says "Contains --script and art edited out of the color edition, including one page of extreme violence showing [a] mob nailing a Cardinal to a door... the two black and white copies listed... surfaced in 1979 from the [Catechetical] Guild's old files in St. Paul, Minnesota." The message printed on the cover even states that the comic "contains a number of errors that we are now correcting." The cover message goes on to solicit suggestions regarding distribution as well as how to improve the content. And the back cover message is also tantalizing: it asks for ideas on what might be included in a planned future promotional comic with the working title This Is The Answer, which would have elaborated on the alternative to communism. See image of the colour version that had 4 million copies published.

IMG_5163.JPG

IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG

850215246_o.jpg

ECComic:  Could we please get in touch directly by email?  I just joined CGC, so not sure how to do this...  – DXC

On 9/14/2017 at 2:16 PM, eccomic said:

My complete set of Is This Tomorrow Cold War/Anti Communist books from 1947, including the various cover price variants, Canadian/French Canadian Editions, and the elusive Advance Copy (Confidential) 

Complete?  Well, I guess for the books from 1947.  But this 1949 Turkish version on eBay is pretty interesting.

:baiting:

Kizil Tehlike (Red Danger) -Turkish version of: Is This Tomorrow?-extremely rare - Picture 1 of 12

Kizil Tehlike (Red Danger) -Turkish version of: Is This Tomorrow?-extremely rare - Picture 2 of 12

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385224381624