• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas Flooding
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I have some relatives in the Houston area, they are surviving :)

One is disabled but has a generator etc. But any thoughts and prayers appreciated. Lot of volunteers here in Dallas taking care of people. It's a tough thing, prayers for all those affected.

Luckily it hasn't come this far North yet

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

One is disabled but has a generator etc. But any thoughts and prayers appreciated. Lot of volunteers here in Dallas taking care of people. It's a tough thing, prayers for all those affected.

You guys supposed to get it too?

8 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

You guys supposed to get it too?

Last I heard, it was moving at something crazy like only 3-6 miles an hour and going to rain more on Houston.

Dallas is in the eventual "path", but would be a "depression" instead of hurricane category by then, hopefully it won't spark tornadoes here with people free seeking refuge. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

Odds are that a least a couple AF15's got swallowed up in Houston ... at least......:sorry:

inevitable and sad not that thats the only tragedy here.

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Last I heard, it was moving at something crazy like only 3-6 miles an hour and going to rain more on Houston.

Dallas is in the eventual "path", but would be a "depression" instead of hurricane category by then, hopefully it won't spark tornadoes here with people free seeking refuge. 

It's now projected to move through Louisiana as a "tropical storm".

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Adamantium, I hope your family gets through this.  My thoughts are with everyone down south.

1 minute ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I sent some books to Irving ,Texas i hope they will get there

They should :) I'm expecting my books back from CGC, so Sarasota, Florida and it arrived in Dallas today and should be out for delivery tomorrow. That's UPS and it said in UPS's search box that my zipcode is not affected by "Harvey"; also if it is the "Irving" I think it is..... then Irving, TX is a suburb on the outskirts of Dallas, TX....

Hope that helped :) 

5 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I sent some books to Irving ,Texas i hope they will get there

I see what your saying though, Mexico to Texas is right through the heart, but I'm sure whatever carrier you used should have a way to do it, but may take longer.....

Sorry to post again, but I didn't realize that you were probably shipping from Mexico :shy:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They should :) I'm expecting my books back from CGC, so Sarasota, Florida and it arrived in Dallas today and should be out for delivery tomorrow. That's UPS and it said in UPS's search box that my zipcode is not affected by "Harvey"; also if it is the "Irving" I think it is..... then Irving, TX is a suburb on the outskirts of Dallas, TX....

Hope that helped :) 

Cool thank you , books are actually in NY now ...

18 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

No boardies from Houston ??

They may be away from keyboard and/or without power....

Looks like steppinrazor might have been in H town, either that or they're all hanging around the water cooler. :)

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They may be away from keyboard and/or without power....

Looks like steppinrazor might have been in H town, either that or they're all hanging around the water cooler. :)

Sometimes things come up that are a little more important than these boards. I know any boardies in that area know we are concerned for them. Hard to understand what they are going through. Be strong Texas and LA too!