• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The IH181 of 2040
3 3

101 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, darkstar said:

Except the DC side of that equation has seen nowhere near the same amount of exposure both within the comic books themselves and in the world outside of them. 

The answer to the question posed in the original post is Edge of Spider-verse 2. Things get squirrelly with first appearances of new characters these days because of all the variants and because everything is slabbed for preservation even before a book can be recognized as a key by the market. 

cough cough BA12 cough

I think EOSV2 is a no brainer as well, but like I said earlier, even though Im POSITIVE it will double, maybe even triple in the near future, it still is a 3 year old book and hasnt been through the turmoils of decades worth of collecting proving it to be a bullet proof sustainable investment. 

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I would say Lobo and Deathstroke are the Wolverine and Punisher of the DC Universe, and both first appearances are undervalued.

Lobo is like one of the coolest characters that DC ever came up with.  As soon as they get the right actor to play him like you said than Omega Men #3 will skyrocket!

Lobo seems to me like it would be any action/sci-fi movie writer dream come true. Such a fun character to play around with. I would love to see an off the wall twisted sci-fi action movie with him. With tons of R rated scenes, screaming distorted oscillators, aliens vs mutants head bashing action scenes and a pair of protruding breasts thrown in for good measure. 

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Lobo seems to me like it would be any action/sci-fi movie writer dream come true. Such a fun character to play around with. I would love to see an off the wall twisted sci-fi action movie with him. With tons of R rated scenes, screaming distorted oscillators, aliens vs mutants head bashing action scenes and a pair of protruding breasts thrown in for good measure. 

Limited appeal. Too arthouse and highbrow.

9 minutes ago, cortown71 said:

I don't know anything about lobo,but that cover sure reeks of infinity gauntlet.

I know he invented the phrase what the frag lol and he sorely dislikes the boy scout Superman

Lobo was it seemed the only superman issues that didn't bore me besides the death of and resurrection.

EDIT. I kid of course plenty of superman with quality :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

11 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yeah but a He-Man comic book would never burn hot like an IH181

What if he started calling everyone Bub?

14 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yeah but a He-Man comic book would never burn hot like an IH181

I agree cause I never caught onto Heman growing up in the 80s, but always thought it was "neat" or a cool idea. But he does go up against supes in his first appearance. I just don't see Lobo catching a good movie star to play the role. Would he fight supes? Cause I don't see the current superman jiving with a character like Lobo. He would have to be in a solo story first imo 

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree cause I never caught onto Heman growing up in the 80s, but always thought it was "neat" or a cool idea. But he does go up against supes in his first appearance. I just don't see Lobo catching a good movie star to play the role. Would he fight supes? Cause I don't see the current superman jiving with a character like Lobo. He would have to be in a solo story first imo 

Def a solo movie. 

And no, they shouldn't cast a well known actor for Lobo. They need to go wth personality here. 

Think about how Marvel back in the day cast Lou Ferrigno for Hulk. Lou wasn't acting here, but his personality, and fitness made him the Hulk. To me, Lou will always be the ultimate Hulk. 

The same can be said about Hugh. He wasn't a big movie star when they cast him to play wolverine. But he just fit the bill perfectly. To many, Hugh Jackman IS wolverine

The most confusing thing to me about IH181 is that over the past few years when prices kept rising it was happening right when hugh jackman retired his character.  No matter how they try to bring wolverine back, it is never going to surpass jackman's wolverine.  Which will directly affect the demand for the book over the long term.  Bad time to invest.  

7 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Just noticed the absence of a vital feature... space dolphins.