• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: FF 4 (Grade is in! 11/27)
1 1

41 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Send it to me, and I will see what I can fix. Is the missing piece gone? See if it is still floating around somewhere. 

I almost messaged you earlier this week, but I didn't think anything else could be done. The piece is gone. :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, AL Comics said:

I almost messaged you earlier this week, but I didn't think anything else could be done. The piece is gone. :facepalm:

The guy that pressed it didn't even see the chip come off ? If so, he should have saved it for you. I suspect it did not happen during the press but in handling, in or out of the bag and board. Your comic had so many spots that could snag. It should have been in an oversized bag and Board, maybe even a Magazine size to make access easier.

I'm curious what Joey thinks can be done at this point ? Saliva ?

Edited by Bomber-Bob

There are still pressable defects on the back cover. Add to that the fact the book was overhydrated with resulting warping a second press will make the book present a lot better. Additionally, I see where some of the marvel chipping was folded over and pressed over into the wrong side of the cover. That can also be fixed. 

21 minutes ago, joeypost said:

There are still pressable defects on the back cover. Add to that the fact the book was overhydrated with resulting warping a second press will make the book present a lot better. Additionally, I see where some of the marvel chipping was folded over and pressed over into the wrong side of the cover. That can also be fixed. 

I see what you mean, especially the folded over chips. Maybe that's what happened to the big chip. This was really a terrible piece of work. 

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The guy that pressed it didn't even see the chip come off ? If so, he should have saved it for you. I suspect it did not happen during the press but in handling, in or out of the bag and board. Your comic had so many spots that could snag. It should have been in an oversized bag and Board, maybe even a Magazine size to make access easier.

I'm curious what Joey thinks can be done at this point ? Saliva ?

No, he did see the piece after it flaked. The piece came off in the press, that I know. 

It's gone now, unfortunately.  

15 minutes ago, AL Comics said:

No, he did see the piece after it flaked. The piece came off in the press, that I know. 

It's gone now, unfortunately.  

He should have put it in the bag with the book. 

I went and looked at the first pictures before I saw the CGG grade. I thought it started as a textbook 4.0, then took a hit, then was resuscitated. Good result overall, even if it was a roller coaster ride.