• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solutions how to store and display comic art - any help is appreciated!
2 2

13 posts in this topic

I am trying to find a solution for my OA collection. I would love something that is rigid to protect each piece and can convert to display if in mood. Is there any type of innovate portfolio o custom framing (very thin frames - keeping in mind storage as well). I have been trying to use our friend Google but can't seem to find something that would meet my needs. I don't want soft sleeves, I want to keep them together in a controlled environment safe and sometimes put out on display. Any help would be appreciated!

I have thought about going the mylar route if there is mylar big enough for comic art. The only problem I would see with this is that they might tend to get scratched up from being stacked over time.

What about DPS? How are you guys storing these? Large portfolio? I have amassed a number of these and don’t like my current storage method (folded over or separated in a regular portfolio) 

Edited by JadeGiant

18 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

I have thought about going the mylar route if there is mylar big enough for comic art. The only problem I would see with this is that they might tend to get scratched up from being stacked over time.

What about DPS? How are you guys storing these? Large portfolio? I have amassed a number of these and don’t like my current storage method (folded over or separated in a regular portfolio) 

From an old post of mine-

For medium size prints and oversize or DPS OA, I buy 18x24 Itoya portfolios. I remove the black insert paper. I buy custom 18x24 sheets of E Gerber Half-Backs cut to size. This supports the pieces from wrinkling while flipping over these large pages in a portfolio.

When either of the above get too full, I transfer the pieces to a gallery box-

Large-

http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/single-gallery-print-storage-box-32-1-2-x-40-1-2-x-2-1-2/corrugated-storage-boxes/

Medium-

http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/section_2/section2_13.htm

Most con prints and OA, I keep in 13x19 Itoyas.

I wrap all of the above in giant poly bags to keep the dust and critters out.

8 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

I purchased mylar meant for newspaper pages to hold my DPS.  They are just a little larger than the DPS, but they work out nice for me.