• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees -- Part Deux
8 8

90 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2017 at 1:22 AM, adamstrange said:

***SOLD***

Journey Into Mystery #66 White Mountain:  Like the ST 93, the front cover has the appearance of near mint with all of the sparkle you'd expect but a barely perceptible ncb hairline crease/bend results in a more affordable grade.  I've included a scan from a few years before it was entombed.  This cgc 8.0 white is $2000.

JIM66cgc.jpg

Sold via PM.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:34 PM, adamstrange said:

Marvel Mystery #11:  This is a mid-grade copy from the same OO collection.  It will also allow the lucky purchaser to read and appreciate the interior.  I'm particularly impressed by Gustavsson's Angel story as he was doing his best to imitate Lou Fine and doing a darn good job of it.  This early WWII cover in 6.5 with off white pages is available for $2300.

MarvelMystery11.jpg

Sold per PM.

14 hours ago, adamstrange said:

***SOLD***

Journey Into Mystery 82:  This was the first pre-hero monster book I ever purchased and, while it isn't a WM, it's fiery orange cover just glows.  This vf+ copy with ow/w pages is $600.

JIM82.jpg

Sold per PM

On 9/15/2017 at 1:39 AM, adamstrange said:

***SOLD***

Tales of Suspense #20:  This is one of my favorite Kirby covers.  I used it as an example of his skill in using a two-dimensional medium to depict a sculpture that is seemingly three dimensional.  Census:  Sole second highest behind two in 9.0.  This cgc 8.5 has no visually distracting defects (a blessing for such a dark cover) and has ow/w pages.  I'm not that excited about selling it hence it will be $2000.

TOS20cgc.jpg

Sold via PM!

On 9/13/2017 at 11:22 PM, adamstrange said:

***SOLD***

Journey Into Mystery #66 White Mountain:  Like the ST 93, the front cover has the appearance of near mint with all of the sparkle you'd expect but a barely perceptible ncb hairline crease/bend results in a more affordable grade.  I've included a scan from a few years before it was entombed.  This cgc 8.0 white is $2000.

JIM66cgc.jpg

JIM66.jpg

:cry: missed it 

On 9/11/2017 at 9:53 PM, adamstrange said:

Marvel Mystery #18:  This is another copy from the same original owner.    CGC 7.5 ow/w for $2250.

MarvelMystery18.jpg

Sold per PM.

Three books are still available and I've put a Cap Timely on a consignment site. Linky

MarvelousTrio.jpg

I don't intend to add any more books to this thread.

All buyers should have an invoice -- if you don't please contact me via PM.

Thanks to all the buyers. (worship)