• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I do Batman, courtesy of SYFY

8 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Fellow boardie, art collector and film maker Mike Avilla was nice enough to ask me to draw, ink and narrate a little video for SYFY.  Since it's me doing a piece of original art, I thought it would be ok to post here for your enjoyment.  This was done on the last day of San Diego Comic Con, and Mike and his crew were true professionals.  Not sure how they managed to turn my on camera muttering and scribbles into something so entertaining.  The focus is on the the process and particularly the inking since that's what I'm mostly known for.

Hope you like it, and I'm going to auction off the Batman drawing and donate the proceeds to disaster relief (I just need to decide which disaster, since there unfortunately seems to a number to choose from).  Will keep you posted on that.

Let me know what you think, and thanks again Mike!

Scott

That was great! If you think you were muttering and scribbling in the raw footage, then they're great editors, because I found your thoughts as interesting as your work.

Loved it, thanks for sharing, Scott. Watching an artist ink a penciled piece, it's like watching a magic trick. So cool to watch it "come alive" with the inks.

Edited by F For Fake

Thanks for the comments guys!  I have set up an ebay auction of this drawing for hurricane relief in Puerto Rico.  I will post it over on the ORIGINAL ART MARKETPLACE page, but if I could just sneak it in here too since it's for a good cause I'd appreciate it.  Thanks again!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-original-drawing-by-Scott-Williams-all-proceeds-to-Puerto-Rico-relief/202064901482

Scott

1 minute ago, stinkininkin said:

Thanks for the comments guys!  I have set up an ebay auction of this drawing for hurricane relief in Puerto Rico.  I will post it over on the ORIGINAL ART MARKETPLACE page, but if I could just sneak it in here too since it's for a good cause I'd appreciate it.  Thanks again!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-original-drawing-by-Scott-Williams-all-proceeds-to-Puerto-Rico-relief/202064901482

Scott

Cool! I threw in an inaugural bid! I'm sure I'll be left in the dust, but it's fun to take part. Hope it goes gangbusters!