• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else here work in film / on any comic related movies?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I notice that a lot of people here are artists, etc. Wondering how may of you all are part of the film industry?

I was for over 15 years, and now I'm an Art Director (not in film though)

I was a 3D artist at places like ILM, Dreamworks, etc. in the layout dept.

I have also worked on quite a few comic movies:

Blade 2, Hellboy, Catwoman (ewww), Constantine, Fantastic Four, Iron Man (only a little), and Priest.  
I also worked on just one shot of Superman Returns. 

Anyone else?

I've worked in film for 30 years. Lighting. Snuck onto the set of Evil Dead 2 outta high school and never looked back. 

Then to Hollywood for phantasm 2 and countless movies

various music videos for smashing pumpkins, nirvana, Rolling Stones, madonna, guns and roses

still work with herb ritts

hundreds of commercials with joe pitka, spike jonze 

loads of dumb stuff, too  like the tv show I'm on now. Gotta go they're screaming for me on set  

16 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I've worked in film for 30 years. Lighting. Snuck onto the set of Evil Dead 2 outta high school and never looked back. 

Then to Hollywood for phantasm 2 and countless movies

various music videos for smashing pumpkins, nirvana, Rolling Stones, madonna, guns and roses

still work with herb ritts

hundreds of commercials with joe pitka, spike jonze 

loads of dumb stuff, too  like the tv show I'm on now. Gotta go they're screaming for me on set  

Whatever pays the bills! 

12 hours ago, Meeklo said:

I played Thor in the Avengers movies.

Usually don't like to mention it...seems like bragging...

I grew my hair out and asked my wife if I looked "Just like Thor now," and she couldn't even pretend to humor me.

8 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

At least you have hair! :sorry:

Funny story about hair - Some of you may remember YEARS ago the Steven Colbert show did the "Green Screen Challenge" and the punchline was at the end George Lucas' submission was the runner up -I worked on that submission at ILM and I am  even Steven's body double in a few scenes. How did I get picked for that role? I was the only man on the crew that had both a suit, and hair.

Im the construction coordinator (Im the one in charge of building the sets) on 2 hit shows, one for NBC (made by Sony) and one for CBS. Ive been in the business for almost 25 years, 3rd generation, and my father has been/is one of the biggest construction coordinators in NY for the past 40 years. The last comic related thing he ran was The Tick a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

Im the construction coordinator (Im the one in charge of building the sets) on 2 hit shows, one for NBC (made by Sony) and one for CBS. Ive been in the business for almost 25 years, 3rd generation, and my father has been/is one of the biggest construction coordinators in NY for the past 40 years. The last comic related thing he ran was The Tick a few months ago.

Very cool Eclipse!  Did you or your dad work on the Nick Cage "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" when it shot in Manhattan a few years back?

I worked for Disney for about 2 and a half years, also worked for Cinedigm and WB. Just started doing a little work for WB again but haven't had a lot of spare time for freelance.

Redesigned poster artwork for digital download, made web ads, reworked backgrounds, clean up files created Title Treatments. Worked a bit on most Wave 1 Marvel movies and a few Wave 2 titles.  

I remember doing a bunch of work for Monsters University.

7 hours ago, TylerHam said:

Very cool Eclipse!  Did you or your dad work on the Nick Cage "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" when it shot in Manhattan a few years back?

Yup, that was my dads job., i worked on it for 3 weeks when my show went on hiatus. That was one of the biggest jobs in NY at the time, and the set for that was amazing.