• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Con, Baltimore Comic Con, Virginia Comic Con September 2017

20 posts in this topic

Let the Baltimore Con be a lesson to the Leader...the Leader lost focus during that Con and almost paid dearly with some sort of pile driver to the head.  Avoid these strange creatures in the future and focus strictly on the vendors.  (tsk)lol

PS = a fantastic report...as usual...

26 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

sad that we didn't make the report...we were right across from heroes and back against superworld, but somehow didn't warrant a mention :(

...Each time I went by your booth you had stepped away.... bad timing on my part, but that's the story of my life. I had you highlighted on the map .... I saw your stuff, but it was you I really wanted to meet... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

35 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

...Each time I went by your booth you had stepped away.... bad timing on my part, but that's the story of my life. I had you highlighted on the map .... I saw your stuff, but it was you I really wanted to meet... GOD BLESS...

Weird. I only left booth 1 or 2 times to use restroom, or to cgc booth. Was in my booth 99% of the weekend. Talk about uncanny timing!

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

Weird. I only left booth 1 or 2 times to use restroom, or to cgc booth. Was in my booth 99% of the weekend. Talk about uncanny timing!

You were one of the reasons I decided to go..... hadn't been since 2011..... I'm going to try again at Heroes next year..... maybe I should hang out at the Bathroom :idea: GOD BLESS...

...Lewis' tripod collapsed and his wide angle lens was broken.... it cut a couple hours from his shooting time... and he was making his way in your direction when that happened. 

3 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

You were one of the reasons I decided to go..... hadn't been since 2011..... I'm going to try again at Heroes next year..... maybe I should hang out at the Bathroom :idea: GOD BLESS...

...Lewis' tripod collapsed and his wide angle lens was broken.... it cut a couple hours from his shooting time... and he was making his way in your direction when that happened. 

:cry:

5 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

awesome report! great to see all the photos-- really makes me want to go next year. looks like a whole different group of dealers than we get on the west coast. also, peter klaus is knute rockne. 

Peter Klaus is a friendly and and pleasant person that I've known for many years. But, he does look like a gangster from a Martin Scorsese movie. That only proves you can't judge a book by its cover.

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

sad that we didn't make the report...we were right across from heroes and back against superworld, but somehow didn't warrant a mention :(

No pics or mention of New Force or HighGradeComics, WTHeck?  That's like a treasure hunting diver floating past a sunken Spanish galleon to get a better look at the local sea life on a coral reef.  Might need to send Booster Gold or The Watcher next time.  

46 minutes ago, TeeDub said:

No pics or mention of New Force or HighGradeComics, WTHeck?  That's like a treasure hunting diver floating past a sunken Spanish galleon to get a better look at the local sea life on a coral reef.  Might need to send Booster Gold or The Watcher next time.  

I made an attempt to photograph HighGradeComics but the owner Robert Storm didn't want to pose for photos with his merchandise. 

6 minutes ago, the_Leader_knows said:

I made an attempt to photograph HighGradeComics but the owner Robert Storm didn't want to pose for photos with his merchandise. 

Word is Bob Storms is camera shy, if not jaded, after his days as a fashion model.  Got to work harder to get that shot bro.  WWPPD?

CNbl5-HWsAIsxdz.jpg