• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempt to rob midtown Comics in Manhattan
2 2

28 posts in this topic

cocaine is a helluva drug

1 hour ago, Mackenzie999 said:
15 hours ago, s14roller said:

Wonder what comic was worth this lol...probably something worth <$10

Is there a formula for determining whether or not it's worth diving out a window? Floor Number x $3,000 = jump?

Was it clear that he knew what floor he was on when he jumped out the window?  He might have thought he was on the ground floor.....or the 19th floor.  Or underwater.

Hah, I spent a couple seconds thinking to myself, "Wow, they cleaned that up quickly!" because I work around the corner from the Grand Central location and was in there literally yesterday afternoon, before I realized this was the Times Square location (and looked more closely at the picture, which showed a different interior). Maybe he really was just driven crazy by the number of variants...

It's clearly indicated by this report that, in reality, a transition from avid reader or frenzied speculator to psychotic loon has a much lower threshold than attempting to read 5000 comics in a single sitting - Bob Burden's long-standing estimate.