• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Haven’t seen any pencils but we have another 100 boxes to pick up

if Greggy stole your innocence then I'm sure you saw the pencil.

I spent most of the weekend in the Big Four building looking after the comic guests. I made it over to the BMO once on Sunday in the pouring rain. I had to do a limited route. I did run into Andy, which was nice.

I found the white drapery and 9 foot pipe and drape gave it an odd look, really devoid of colour... but that's just me. 

With limited time I didn't find anything to buy though before I had to head back over to get some guests to their cars.

15 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I spent most of the weekend in the Big Four building looking after the comic guests. I made it over to the BMO once on Sunday in the pouring rain. I had to do a limited route. I did run into Andy, which was nice.

I found the white drapery and 9 foot pipe and drape gave it an odd look, really devoid of colour... but that's just me. 

With limited time I didn't find anything to buy though before I had to head back over to get some guests to their cars.

One of these shows it would be nice to meet.  Take you out for a meal, greggy can buy...

23 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Since so many fresh collections are being scooped up at reasonable prices from AB, did Mary-Ann or some other Fan Expo promoter ask vendors there to prepay for booths or support the limp Vancouver Fan Expo as a vendor :wishluck:?

They asked us to prepay for Edmonton Expo in September and then next year's Calgary Expo. No push for Vancouver or Saskatoon.

At the rebook tables in both halls there were forms for next week's Regina show and October 12-14's Vancouver show.

The guy on the mic never mentioned Vancouver, which he should have. I'm going to chalk it up to being used to only promoting Calgary and Edmonton and not thinking of it. 

22 minutes ago, kimik said:
1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:
1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

omg! they were in the van for hours

That was a sales meeting..

So that's what you old timers call it........................

That's what you call it when you don't want to be arrested again for solicitation.