• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slab Pro CGC portfolios. Anyone has used them?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

So, I just received an order of 15 slab pro CGC portfolios that I was intending to use for my higher end books inside my safe. I was planning on keeping each book in one of them, along with some printed info about each issue, date purchased, price etc for my records. It sounded like a neat idea when I was planning this, lol. Well, the problem I encounter is that these things really -and I mean REALLY- have a very intense smell of vinyl / plastic. In a manner that it makes me way too uncomfortable about using them, worrying that this would in the long-term harm the books. 

Has anyone used these things before or has an opinion? I can probably return them, but I am not really sure yet.

This is what they look like by the way, for anyone interested.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.157352ddff300a4c5f8f870e50f8e422.jpg

Seems they've been around a while, seems no one has had a problem. I'd say your alright, just means it'll keep that "New slab" smell longer. lol

These remind me of trapper keepers ha.

I still want some :roflmao:feel free to mail them to me ;)

5 hours ago, zuckuss2003 said:

Maybe try storing them in an area that gets some good airflow, maybe a garage, or attic, for a few weeks. The vinyl smell should go away.

Yeah, that is what I decided to do. It should probably go away after a while. Thanks for the input. (thumbsu