• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your 1 Grail
4 4

120 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

Hands down HOS 92. Seeing it in person made it even more amazing. It resides in Metropolis collection.  Modern day Mona Lisa of comic art.

5d629a48de142cd04c84071f255d04d9.jpg

It truly is an otherworldly piece! I'm not a Wrightson or Swamp Thing buff, but couldn't stop admiring the delicacy of both Bernie's lines/inks and the girl's features, when I saw the cover in person:x

On 11/23/2017 at 11:40 AM, dirtymartini1 said:

Hands down HOS 92. Seeing it in person made it even more amazing. It resides in Metropolis collection.  Modern day Mona Lisa of comic art.

If the rule is I have to keep whichever one I'd get, I'd probably take the HOS 92 over the Mona Lisa. If nothing else, I think the HOS is larger hm

On 11/15/2017 at 8:11 PM, batman_fan said:

I got my grail from you a while back.  Not my 1st comic but early purchase off the newsstand in Osgood, IN back in 1976.  Daredevil 33 came from my brothers friend Terry Disbro.

jungleAction.JPG

Holy ! Jungle Action #23 may be the 1st Comic I ever bought off of a newsstand. Loved Black Panther, and that cover is fantastic.

its pretty awesome to know who owns it. Congrats. 

I am truly lucky to have some of my Grails...(can one have more than one grail? I guess so...) 

Mine

1. X men 99, 130, 141

2. Judge Dredd Eagle 8 

3. Ezquerra Apocalypse War 1st DPS 

4. Invaders 1 , 4

5. Frontline Combat 2

6. Phantom Lady 17

7. ASM 3,4 

8. Vigilant Annual 2 

This is probably the thing I have most wanted and obtained...could not believe when there was the chance to get it 

IMG_9457.JPG

On 11/23/2017 at 11:40 AM, dirtymartini1 said:

I am lucky to own a page from this book. I think it has the best illustration of Linda from the story. You can see it in my CAF.

On December 2, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Doc Joe said:

I am truly lucky to have some of my Grails...(can one have more than one grail? I guess so...) 

Mine

1. X men 99, 130, 141

2. Judge Dredd Eagle 8 

3. Ezquerra Apocalypse War 1st DPS 

4. Invaders 1 , 4

5. Frontline Combat 2

6. Phantom Lady 17

7. ASM 3,4 

8. Vigilant Annual 2 

This is probably the thing I have most wanted and obtained...could not believe when there was the chance to get it 

Phantom Lady 17? You mean the comic, not the OA, right????

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:38 PM, delekkerste said:

:cloud9:

Might be the best Dredd piece ever made. 

Yes. Ezquerra Dredd pages in general are criminally undervalued, IMHO. He was the co-creator of the character, after all. And his costume design for the character was one of the greatest in comics history.

12 hours ago, Doc Joe said:

I mean the OA .. got the comic already 

I have to wonder if it exists. If my memory recalls correctly, there was some debate as to whether it was actually Baker. An unbelievable iconic cover nonetheless.