• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REMOVED - posting guidelines - Because of the Negativity on THIS Forum, I am expected to...
3 3

370 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

Cal I had a PA by gate 8 here at WB so you and my producers could hear your Iron Man/ Submariner one shot doc pitch. Told you to be here between 1 and 2pm and you were a no-show.  

No good Cal. 

I have been to several Producer Rep Group meetings, and this is NOT how it works. If I took time away to drive 2 hours one way( no traffic) and did this and got turned away what a total waste of effort that would have been.

I used to work for Central Casting in 1995-6 off and on as an Extra and this is NOT how it works. That was BEFORE the studios farming out Productions to Vancouver, New Orleans, Boise, etc. I still talk to Bill Dance every now and then, he asked me who the girl I had during one of my short film screenings at UCLA back in the day. Almost everyone else I used to work with, including Dave McNary of the Pasadena Ice House, have either moved out of the area or retired, like Mr. McNary.

I am not so much calling you out Noman(shoeman?) but I am not that naive anymore. Why do you think Taylor Sheridan, Director of Wind River went the Indy route instead of fooling/wasting time w/ Studios? He knew had NO SHOT of getting ANYTHING done at ANY Collossal Studio. The Studios are truly the CLOSED DOORS for 99.999% of us; they already have their creative teams in place and after their family & friends, there IS no more room/money for further development anyway. The running joke USED to be: Aspiring Hack wanna-be Actor sees the one empty seat in the audition room. But he is reluctant to take the seat as this plump, pizza-faced girl is sittong there, sweating up a storm. The BIG boss walks in, followed behind by his PA's. ( Old Man Jack Warner):"Hey you wanna be a big-time Actor?" Young kid: " Sure! Who do I have to kill?" Warner:" You don't have to kill anyone. Just marry my 28 year old homely daughter and I will put you in the John Wayne movie". Kid: " I don't care what she's like: is she at least normal( not you-know)?" PA:  "Okay kid, sit in this chair next to Ms. Warner, you got the job. Roll sound!".  The NEW version is that not only do you have to marry the female relative that couldn't get the job done when rich parents jettisoned her can to USC, you have to have KIDS with her or else the top bosses won't help get you work. Think Frank Stallone, then Tom Hanks's hack son, too many others to mention that can't grasp the fame...

CAL who sat through several 16 hour stints....:popcorn:

You'd be surprised how many big productions get made after strangers come to the lot and yell over the fence at gate 8! Gotta raise your voice somewhat because of traffic, but other then that it is how Hollywood works these days. 

Trust me. I'm an expert. 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

You'd be surprised how many big productions get made after strangers come to the lot and yell over the fence at gate 8! Gotta raise your voice somewhat because of traffic, but other then that it is how Hollywood works these days. 

Trust me. I'm an expert. 

Name a few...

CAL who has heard them all...:facepalm:

Trust me. I'm an expert. 

Name a few...

CAL who has heard them all...:facepalm:

Well, there is a big untitled documentary shooting on the lot now that came about because someone was shouting over the fence. A friends working on it. About a guy who doesn't celebrate holidays or use the toilet. 

Cone on, Cal! I wanna see a film about why you collected all those IM/SM books. 

Well, there is a big untitled documentary shooting on the lot now that came about because someone was shouting over the fence. A friends working on it. About a guy who doesn't celebrate holidays or use the toilet. 

Cone on, Cal! I wanna see a film about why you collected all those IM/SM books. 

Give me a confirmation with your Content Development Team and I will be down. Plus my Musical, my Space Trilogy and my crime who-dun-it...

CAL who better brush the dust off those ( REGISTERED)screenplays...:jaws:

Just now, Calamerica said:

Give me a confirmation with your Content Development Team and I will be down. Plus my Musical, my Space Trilogy and my crime who-dun-it...

CAL who better brush the dust off those ( REGISTERED)screenplays...:jaws:

Ok, now we're talking! Consider this post the confirmation from my Content Development Team. 

Now when can you meet me on the other side of the fence at Gate 8?

Just now, NoMan said:

Ok, now we're talking! Consider this post the confirmation from my Content Development Team. 

Now when can you meet me on the other side of the fence at Gate 8?

Uhh...maybe you need to take some meds, you know; the ones they all say for ME to take???

I have to leave now, but thursday or Friday I will call Warner Bros. ansd ask myself who the proper point-of-contact is for development properties.I am calling only to see if something has, not CHANGED but RETURNED to something from 20-some years ago...

Curious CAL...hm