• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Question

17 posts in this topic

If you have a CGC graded book that is not part of a pre-listed "set", does that mean you are not able to register it at all?

Thanks for any info and please don't rake me over the coals for asking.

That confuses me. If CGC assigns a registry # to each book they grade, why can't you simply catalog it using that # instead of waiting for a set to be created?

I just don't get it

• Administrator
That confuses me. If CGC assigns a registry # to each book they grade, why can't you simply catalog it using that # instead of waiting for a set to be created?

I just don't get it

The interface was made to be as straightforward as possible. Since the purpose of the Registry is primarily about sharing your books with others through similar "sets", that's the only way to enter books at the moment.

Glad to see this question here... I was trying like hell to figure out a way to add books not in a set. It definitely seemed like it was impossible, but I figured I was just being stupid and not seeing the way to do it. Good to have confirmation that it can't be done. (even tho that sucks frown.gif )

I would like see this, or have the ablity to add sets. It seems that if cgc thinks the set is worthy it will be added, however thare are many sets that should be added now that are not. The ablity to add all your books wether in an existing set or not would be a useful tool in many ways for collectors both sellers and buyers.

PS. The green river pedigree link, I've noticed..........about a thousand times

I would like see this, or have the ablity to add sets. It seems that if cgc thinks the set is worthy it will be added, however thare are many sets that should be added now that are not. The ablity to add all your books wether in an existing set or not would be a useful tool in many ways for collectors both sellers and buyers.

PS. The green river pedigree link, I've noticed..........about a thousand times

i agree, i have a few books id like to add but can't.

And that guy that wants Fury pedigreed books, I've seen his little Want To Buy thing so many friggin times its driving me nuts! It seems like every time I post, boom, that guy shows up with his Fury sig. I mean, who collects Sgt Fury?

Find a new one!!! foreheadslap.gif

Change your user settings so you don't see signatures anymore. It's a much more streamlined way to view these boards. cloud9.gif

I use firefox and adblock all the pics from signatures. angel.gif

Find a new one!!! foreheadslap.gif

Change your user settings so you don't see signatures anymore. It's a much more streamlined way to view these boards. cloud9.gif

I use firefox and adblock all the pics from signatures. angel.gif

I've turned off avatars too. cloud9.gif