• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Zombie #1 (Marvel)

16 posts in this topic

I love the first issue of TOZ, my father took my copy off of me when I was around eight years old because of the nudie pics inside. blush.gif I probably would do the same thing if I had a kid, but that doesn't mean I don't have a nice copy tucked away in my magazine box now. wink.gif

Anyone know how hard it is to find this issue in 9.4? There is one on eBay right now. Any guesses on how high it will go??

I love BRONZE horror mags.....

This should answer your question...

Tales of the Zombie #1 CGC 9.4 Marvel pub 1973 -- $256.00 thumbsup2.gif

Current Census Status. Looks like she is the only 9.4 NM Currently? Census was just updated 4/6/2005

Near Mint 9.4 x1

Near Mint - 9.2 x3

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 x0

Very Fine + 8.5 x0

Very Fine 8.0 x1

Very Fine - 7.5 x1

-bounty

Tales of the Zombie #1 is near impossible to find in CGC 9.4 or better. A CGC 9.4 copy of TOTZ #1 I would value at $500.00. Dracula Lives #2 is no easier to find in 9.4 just look at the census.. Noone out there it seems is sending these books into CGC because they know their copies will not grade 9.4 or better which is why so few of those two magazines issues are seen on the census. There will probably never be a TOTZ #1 in CGC 9.6 or a D.L #2 in CGC 9.6 for many years to come if they even exist in that grade?

RAW copies of Tales Of The Zombie #1 in said to be NM on ebay have been a big disapointment to me personally. I have won 3 copies of that magazine in said to be NM on ebay and I would be lucky if the best copy I won would grade higher than a CGC 9.0 due to the defects on them. In my opinion it would be easier to come across a Green Lantern #76 NM 9.4( probably the toughest bronze age key comic to find in 9.4 or better) than to find a TOTZ #1 in the same 9.4 grade. If one looks on ebay one will notice that TOTZ #1 is seldom listed in higher than FN+.

I did recently notice that a Dracula Lives #1 CGC 9.8 just went for a little over

$1,200.00( buyers premium included) in a Heritage Auction. So what would a CGC 9.6 or 9.8 TOTZ #1 go for at auction if one ever were to grade that high??? TOTZ #1 guides for about $50.00 in 9.2 grade in the 2007 Overstreet. I feel it should guide for at least $100.00 in 9.2 grade in the guide and be listed as rare in 9.4 or better.